xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ash-Bash

New Rapidshare Rule

we hereby inform you of a modification regarding the file inactivity regulations for Collector's accounts. The guaranteed storage time of a file after the last download (or after the upload, if a file has never been downloaded) will be lowered to 60 days on January 1st, 2010.

Please note that Premium accounts whose files use more than 50 GB of storage are subject to the same storage rules as Collector's accounts.

Well good bye rapidshare after that, This company is getting rubbish by the minute, I keep getting the problem of no free download lots available and now there doing this. I personally will be moving to MegaUpload and Hotfile. Please post your views on this...

I personally will be moving to MegaUpload and Hotfile. Please post your views on this

Don't go for megaupload. You have better option than megaupload,cause service like megaupload which discriminates people on basis of region and set the slots.

Better try these services.

1) driveway.com2) box.net
3)mihd.net
4)4shared.com
5) megashare
6) ifileit
7) ziddou

Try any one of them, megashare and zidou have revenue sharing program if you upload to them. Better than rapidshare on many ways as all the hosts i mention support "resume downloads".

Rapidshare has been a problem for me always... its waiting time, and now no download slots available errors.. everything... I hate rapidshare..I prefer mediafire.com , Mediafire is the fastest download service for me. And you can download many files in parallel. Hotfile.com is also a good choice. But mediafire is better than all..

@Ash, forgot to update you about box.net as that site is paid now and no longer offers free service. Mediafire and 4shared,mihd have faster servers with resume support, maybe you can try them.

@Mods: Why my earlier reply that has list was quoted ? I had made that list my own and it's not from some webpage.

Anwii is right.If you're the creative type and find rapidshare isn't working for you, go ahead and find another service. I love rapidshare but I KNOW its getting tighter on its regulations by the day, so I don't use it often!But if you want something specific, sometimes you have to do it yourself... so why dont you put some money together and start your own rapidshare :P Or try that list of other services!Good thing is, uploaders are more and more familiar with Rapidshares restrictions, and so they are double-uploading files on several servers to ensure you have alternatives...:P

I don't know how the rules were before, but this seems that if your site does not have much traffic, then goodbye rapidshare links. Well I never liked rapidshare because of problems with free downloading. I prefer 4shared but I guess you cannot upload lots of big files. I also like, hotfile and they have very professional servers. Though rapidshare is a very big and well known company, but lots of other new ones are rising, sharing customers. So they have to make rules for helping get new customers.

Me personally I prefer to use rapidshare. It is a great file hosting site with great download speeds. In my opinion it is worth the 10 buck a month that I pay to guarantee that my files are secure and will not get deleted. What can you expect from a company that hosts petabytes and petabytes of files. If you want security that your files will not get deleted then just spring for the extra 10 bucks a month. You cant expect them to store all of your files free forever in exchange for nothing from you.

I hate rapidshare...... I always get crap when I try to download stuff, like "error: Maximum download limit reached" or something like that :P . Personally, I think you should go with mediafire.com. They're upload speed isn't exactly marathon worthy, but the downloads are very fast for a file uploading site. They also have a free download ticker, and a nice graphic indication of your upload progress. They also haven't gone too corporate, so you have virtually unlimited space. (100 MB per folder. As far as I know, you can make about 100 files) . Very nice features. Megaupload is my 2nd favorite, because it's really quick uploads, so that you don't have to bother to set up an account. That's good and bad, because you can't manage your files, but easy to upload something to a a friend quickly. Their download speed is relatively quick in my opinion. Avoid rapidshare. They're becoming worse and worse by the day.

Hi!I avoid using RapidShare because it keeps insisting that there is a download in progress from my IP address even before the download has begun. It might have something with my having a dynamic IP address that keeps changing each time I restart my ADSL router, or it might have something to do with the fact that I am behind a national proxy, but if pretty much all of the other sites on the Internet work, it is not unreasonable to expect RapidShare to work normally.I prefer to upload files that I share to my home computer that remains hooked up to the Internet and maintains an FTP and an HTTP interface to upload or download. For smaller files of under 6MB, I use email to share files with specific people or a web hosting provider instead to share files publicly. This usually consists of MS Word files, PDF documents, or images.Mininova now has a content distribution service that can use torrents to distribute files, so that is a rather good option too.

I Actually LOVED rapidshare, i had a premium account that expired 3 days ago. Not sure if ill recover it since personally i stopped downloading files. But would this rule means that alot of peoples files will be deleted after download for 60 days? the alot of the type of files which we donwload will be hard to get toLooks like tehy just made it harder for the piracy community to work.But i still think that 60 days is enough, but some files like small applications dont get downloaded alot, but some people download them at sometimes, but not enough to keep the 60 days up :P But it looks like we have a few days to go before january firstMaybe the rants from users would make them change their mind? im not sure though.I still feel that rapidshare will always be better than megaupload ( because megaupload is blocked here :P )Also those revenue sites for uploads are well they are good, and tehy do pay off, but it will take a long time to get to payout limitBut ive seen a recent increase in people using hotfile. But the thing is these sites well buying a premium wont be worht since alot of files arent there in hotfile, compared to rapidshare, and without premium the limits are just exhausting

Okay, thanks for sharing.RapidShare is already bad enough for me... I could never get the download to start, etc.MEGAUPLOAD is best. No problems for me whatsoever, and its more organized. Downloads may take time to start, but at least they DO start.

Edited by harrison858 (see edit history)

Rapidshare is always looking for an excuse to get people to pay for their services and that's the reason they're introducing rules like this one. They're already making millions by selling millions so that people can download illegal content off the net but they're still not satisfied. Oh well even if a few users like Ash and me stop using Rapidshare they won't face any loss - rather, I'm sure this rule will get them want they want - more sacks of money!

The reason I used rapidshare was the upload size of a single file. Soon they reduced to 100MB. At the same time other file sharing systems started to come up and provide better service. Also for multiple file downloads I startrd to upload to diferent file sharing sites. The no of rapidshare points collected to be used for redemption soon became too much slow to handle. And then the no of days upto which the files can be kept without download being reduced is a tragic demise of rapidshare for me.Finally to have unavailable slots is the final nail in the coffin. I remember not using megashare as I was not getting any slots for Asia. Too bad. For me rapidshare is unable to keep up with the pace of its growth and hence the frustration being created.So my last rites for such good service that rapidshare once provided.