xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
thejode

Good Screen Recorder

Okay, it's ridiculous how long I've tried to look for a decent screen recorder. I've tried hypercam, Camstudio, Camtasia, ect. None of them have ever satisfied me. :P What I'm looking for is a good screen recorder that will record absolutely best sound quality(Not the sucky sound quality of the other products) and very high video quality. I have a pretty decent computer...... Vista Home Premium, 4GB of RAM, 1792 MB GeForce 8600M GT Graphic Card, my CPU is a Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T8300, and I have an extrernal audio card for very good audio. So, my computer can handle quite a bit. I'm not very concerned about lag or anything, just as long as it doesn't use up 3.9 out of my 4 GB(:. I'd be very thankful if someone could reccomend a good quality product.Thanks!Thejode

Okay, it's ridiculous how long I've tried to look for a decent screen recorder. I've tried hypercam, Camstudio, Camtasia, ect. None of them have ever satisfied me. :P What I'm looking for is a good screen recorder that will record absolutely best sound quality(Not the sucky sound quality of the other products) and very high video quality. I have a pretty decent computer...... Vista Home Premium, 4GB of RAM, 1792 MB GeForce 8600M GT Graphic Card, my CPU is a Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T8300, and I have an extrernal audio card for very good audio. So, my computer can handle quite a bit. I'm not very concerned about lag or anything, just as long as it doesn't use up 3.9 out of my 4 GB(:. I'd be very thankful if someone could reccomend a good quality product.
Thanks!

Thejode

I don't know why you hate camstudio because that is the best hd free screen recorder you are going to get. If you really want an hd recorder than you shoudl try Zd screen recorder which I have heard is a really good screen recorder, but whatever you think! Good Luck and I hope I helped a little!

Okay, it's ridiculous how long I've tried to look for a decent screen recorder. I've tried hypercam, Camstudio, Camtasia, ect. None of them have ever satisfied me. :P What I'm looking for is a good screen recorder that will record absolutely best sound quality(Not the sucky sound quality of the other products) and very high video quality. I have a pretty decent computer...... Vista Home Premium, 4GB of RAM, 1792 MB GeForce 8600M GT Graphic Card, my CPU is a Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T8300, and I have an extrernal audio card for very good audio. So, my computer can handle quite a bit. I'm not very concerned about lag or anything, just as long as it doesn't use up 3.9 out of my 4 GB(:. I'd be very thankful if someone could reccomend a good quality product.
Thanks!

Thejode

Try Fraps its the best, Good quality and not resource hungry. I capture NFS 2 and even TEKKEN 3 the quality and performance is just great.

Hmm.. just like armynavy i'll have to recomend Camtasia too , it never lets me down and I use it quite often.It's true that it does use alot of resources but it gives you the desired result.

@ jonny Fraps is only for games, it cannot record your desktop.

The absolute best is 1AVCapture

1AVCapture can capture and record anything you can hear or see on your PC. It doesn't matter if the video you want to capture comes from your webcam, the PC desktop, from your TV tuner, or from inside websites or media players. It is all good.
1AVCapture also records audio from any source including streaming audio, CDs, audio from DVDs, games, and voice. You want to record your Canmcorder? No problem. 1AVCapture supports any external device you can plug into your PC. 1AVCapture is the ultimate audio video capture solution!

Record content directly from YouTube, Google Video, MSN, or directly from inside media players, including DRM protected content.
Capture and record your entire PC desktop or a window or a region diretly to AVI or WMV

Any audio you can hear can be recorded to WAV, WMA, and MP3, including Internet radios, CD, voice, phone and external devices such as a cassette or LP player.

Record video from TV tuner, Camcorder, VCR, or Microcameras, via S-Video, Composite-Video, USB, or FireWire.

Apply a time-stamp over video.

Enter stealth mode and remain completely invisible to other PC users.

Capture compressed JPG images from your webcam, camcorder, TV tuner, external devices, or the PC screen.

that is... if you don't care about the $59.95 price tag... but I'm sure you have "other" means of getting around that price tag :P lol!

I could use camtasia for that. The sound's quality is good to my hearing (well, i see you're not satisfied with it though)What kind of high quality sound are you after? o.o

Hi!As many of the other posters before me on this thread, I recommend Camtasia too! I'm not sure if you are looking for something like echo cancellation or noise reduction, but if you are, you can get some new hardware that does exactly that. I believe Polycom makes some of the best USB audio capture devices - they are the same guys who sell Skype attachments for your PC.If you are looking for a free screen recorder, try using Wink. I have not used it in quite a while, but I believe it offers rather decent quality. I wonder if anyone else on the forum has had experience with a free screen recorder.

The one I have seen advertised the most/recommended the most is CamTasia, although I have never used anything for recording my desktop (but I plan to soon due to a website I am in the process of designing).Are there any that can encode in real-time so that it does not require a 1TB drive for 30 minutes of video?lol. Most I have seen do not encode in real-time, which is a huge turn-off to me.

Why not Camstudio? It has a wide range of options and a variety of watermarks you can use as well as your own custom one. It's fairly good but the quallity is amazing. If you're going to set it to record on the mouse, well, lets just say don't. It'll get the viewer dizzy. You can also try many cams which is rather good but it's more of a replacement for a webcam. Download Camstudio here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ open source and free so check it out.

Some time ago I saw a website of Microsoft with an offer for a free trial of a screen recording program. It seems nice to try this out soon. I expect this program to work fine. I have been thinking of asking people on the Youtube with very sharp videos with screen captured content which program they use.