xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
contactskn

Does Ghosts Exists.

Does Ghosts Exists.   

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dear friends I always was eager to know more and more about a topic and that is GHOSTS. Always I have gone through the stories of real life and incidents as such which in one way or the other narrates the existence of ghosts or spirits etc. But even after reading and viewing (documentaries etc. ) a lot I am not able to reach any conclusion still. I mean to say the existence of ghosts. Some times what we see a particular topic or subject is dealt with in one particular country or locality specific only. But in this case I should say I don’t think there is any country where there don’t exists any believers of ghosts etc. In every country there are writers who have written on this topic, there are movie makers who have made movies related to this topic etc. But still the debate on this topic goes on and on and on, between the believers and non believers of this topic. Dear friends here I would like all of you to contribute with solid bases about your belief. So that to some extent we could reach to some conclusions. Talking about me I have heard a lot about this topic but never seen a ghost or evil spirit etc. So what about you friends. ?

I don't believe that Ghosts are exists. There is no any such proofs that can tell ghosts are exist. But we see many films, read articles and lots more about ghost. Where they arise from ? Its human creation and imagination I think. Allota Figina can write Harrey Porter then others can imagine and write story about ghosts. I am not 100% opposition of Ghost existence but I didn't see any ghost until now. now I am 22 years old. Existence of ghosts and fear are relatives to each other. Fear on people creates ghosts. I have faced that problem many times. If you frightened heavily then a little sound of running mouse, you will heard someone running besides you with horse, that's funny and you will enjoy later. Its something like God, Nobody saw the God, when they become helpless and their helping source is finished they will call God. Ghosts are created by fear.If anyone of this Xisto forum members are really facing with ghost let me know ?

FEAR creates ghosts? HAhahahahahahaha! i don't think i have ever been afraid of ghosts. i just think they are a trip when you experience an entity.....but it's not fear. yea, fear can play tricks on people, i agree....and maybe for some who are fearfull of ghosts will feel or see something they can't explain becuse of their fear....but ghosts don't exists because people are fearfull...hahah ghosts just exist....PERIODyou are still young :P but ummm...you haven't seen them because you aren't open to seeing them. but even if one isn't open to seeing them or feeling them doesn't mean they wont show themselves. but you'd have a better chance if not only you believed in them, but tried to communicate with them and be open to the possibilities of their existance.ghosts, spirits, entities....whatever you want to call them, exists. i 100% believe in them and i believe in them for a reasoni've always been interested in the "supernatural". i don't like using supernatural do describe things because it's only a word to describe our own ignorance. and not the actual subject matter. i just haven't studied too much of it....although i have experienced it. i choose not to study it indepth because of my own ignorance and fear of the unknown and the doors that can possibly be opened that i just don't want to risk.i have always felt a presense around me.....i've also seen and heard things that i couldn't explain. even as a kid. but the most recent experience was when someone took me to a graveyard where i captured some really interesting images.i pay attention to a lot of things in life and someone once told me that you have to pay attention to see the signs that are around you.can i prove there are ghosts? no....but i know for a fact they existmost of what i have experienced either comes from a touch that will leave me with chills, or white hazy figures that will just trip you out if you ever saw them....and spark a never ending curiosity because it's life changing when you experience certain things. but i have also seen on occasion a few people in front of me or the corner of my eye, fully dressed...men AND women....who turned out not to even be there when i stop to focus on them. i believe the mind can play tricks sometimes. no doubt...and maybe in some of the circumstances, other explainations could be thought upon....but not all. heck....i remember one day when i was typing away on the computer as i usually do....i was home alone and all of a sudden, the shades went crazy. i jumped because i couldn't imagine what could have done that. the window was close....but even if it was open, no wind could have created that distraction. i looked around to see if it was a big rat or the cat was hiding behind the shades. i found absulotuely nothing to explain what happened. this is just one instance where i do believe a ghost or spirit was trying to grab my attention at the timebecause i have experienced certain things, i feel there is a reason for it....like i am meant to. i always question if i am making the right decision not to investigate further in what i know exists. but for now, i choose not to only because i would rather investigate it with someone who believes and knows what they are doing because my fear extends to an existance that is evil and to open those kinda doors without any knowledge in closing them could be costly....at least emotionally.so do ghost exist? they sure do! no doubt in my mind!

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

FEAR creates ghosts? HAhahahahahahaha! i don't think i have ever been afraid of ghosts. i just think they are a trip when you experience an entity.....but it's not fear. yea, fear can play tricks on people, i agree....and maybe for some who are fearfull of ghosts will feel or see something they can't explain becuse of their fear....but ghosts don't exists because people are fearfull...hahah ghosts just exist....PERIOD
you are still young :P but ummm...you haven't seen them because you aren't open to seeing them. but even if one isn't open to seeing them or feeling them doesn't mean they wont show themselves. but you'd have a better chance if not only you believed in them, but tried to communicate with them and be open to the possibilities of their existance.

ghosts, spirits, entities....whatever you want to call them, exists. i 100% believe in them and i believe in them for a reason

i've always been interested in the "supernatural". i don't like using supernatural do describe things because it's only a word to describe our own ignorance. and not the actual subject matter. i just haven't studied too much of it....although i have experienced it. i choose not to study it indepth because of my own ignorance and fear of the unknown and the doors that can possibly be opened that i just don't want to risk.

i have always felt a presense around me.....i've also seen and heard things that i couldn't explain. even as a kid. but the most recent experience was when someone took me to a graveyard where i captured some really interesting images.

i pay attention to a lot of things in life and someone once told me that you have to pay attention to see the signs that are around you.

can i prove there are ghosts? no....but i know for a fact they exist

most of what i have experienced either comes from a touch that will leave me with chills, or white hazy figures that will just trip you out if you ever saw them....and spark a never ending curiosity because it's life changing when you experience certain things. but i have also seen on occasion a few people in front of me or the corner of my eye, fully dressed...men AND women....who turned out not to even be there when i stop to focus on them.

i believe the mind can play tricks sometimes. no doubt...and maybe in some of the circumstances, other explainations could be thought upon....but not all. heck....i remember one day when i was typing away on the computer as i usually do....i was home alone and all of a sudden, the shades went crazy. i jumped because i couldn't imagine what could have done that. the window was close....but even if it was open, no wind could have created that distraction. i looked around to see if it was a big rat or the cat was hiding behind the shades. i found absulotuely nothing to explain what happened. this is just one instance where i do believe a ghost or spirit was trying to grab my attention at the time

because i have experienced certain things, i feel there is a reason for it....like i am meant to. i always question if i am making the right decision not to investigate further in what i know exists. but for now, i choose not to only because i would rather investigate it with someone who believes and knows what they are doing because my fear extends to an existance that is evil and to open those kinda doors without any knowledge in closing them could be costly....at least emotionally.

so do ghost exist? they sure do! no doubt in my mind!

I must agree on what you said there.

Mostly Ghosts exist if you WANT them to. I've always felt the exact same thing as anwii about the ghosty presence, though some people are born with such..."thing" I cannot explain it as I don't know how to explain it. Though my body/mind or what ever you'd like to call it can feel most things no can else can. I don't know why it happens but it does.

Sometimes when I am in a long dark hallway, I start to feel a little...unconfertable because I don't know what's around me who what "thing" is down the hall ways etc, (like in school) for example. I don't like being in a big room either when in the dark, as I can feel my mind playing tricks on me, making me think there is some sort of spiritual beings around me. It freaks me out a little...

Most people don't feel fear at all, most do. But I cannot judge on who can and who does not feel fear. :D But yeah, I like to watch these scary horror movies, like movies with Demons, Devils, evil presence, God/good kind of things as it is interesting. But mostly these movies/films are on at NIGHT like at midnight...and when it's finished and I've seen these evil things, and I go to bed...I wonder...are there any of these things here around me right now (when I am in my bed) I tend to feel like I am not alone. :P
Edited by -Sky- (see edit history)

Wow, i mean if i want some hollows from Bleach to exist then they will ? And it becomes fact when people term their personal experience as true. Since when FACT becomes subjective ? Anyway,i enjoyed reading this on topic of ghost hunting. Anyway, Believe what you want to, it's all about comfort at the end of the debate.

so one person thinks it's just about comfort....another thinks it's just about fear....haha this is getting funny. i think what i am reading is just a figment of my imagination hahaha

Wow, i mean if i want some hollows from Bleach to exist then they will ? And it becomes fact when people term their personal experience as true. Since when FACT becomes subjective ? Anyway,i enjoyed reading this on topic of ghost hunting. Anyway, Believe what you want to, it's all about comfort at the end of the debate.

Dear friends its really getting exiting as the discussion continues here I would add some thing more - Once I met a person related to the field under discussion I mean to say that he was a highly educated person and always was called at places where there were persons who were effected by ghosts etc. (According to them.) Once I met this person at a place where he was called for such a deed. After his activities finished that is related to curing the person who was effected by a ghost. Then when he was free I met him and asked whether ghosts exists or not. He smiled and calmly said that come with me my friend. I blind foldedly went with him and he took me to a dark room and lit a small candle in the room and placed in the centre of the room, then he again in his calm manner said to me see my friend can you see anything, I said yes sir only those things which is near the candle, then he again asked whether you can see anything which is placed there in the corner of the room. I said no sir. He suddenly replied yes that's it dear actually the concept of ghosts is also something related to this only that is I know that it exists so I believe it and you don't know any thing about it so you don't. Actually this incident shaked me a lot I was very disturbed for the whole night but still I was not satisfied with his answer. And my search regarding this topic has not came to an end still.

The term 'Ghost' is often used generally to cover a wide range of real life experiences. This is a common thing to do, and I think its not entirely safe to do that because it can keep people from logical thinking..

Often 'ghostly' apparitions can be obscure lights, behavioural side effects, and most often than not, it is just your mind visualising the situation in a different way. For example, an optical illusion featuring two separate images (ie. old woman / young woman) within the same imagery can cause the mind to pick the most apparent. Similarly, one can interpret in a unique way... I remember when I would look at the pillows opposite me in the dark, or my desktop pc - and I could make out very scary stuff, faces or animals - this was due to childhood fear.

And so 'ghosts' can simply mean apparitions. BUT on many occasions particles are caught in cameras and camcorders, flickering, wild seance activity, or quite simply cctv footage capturing ghostly phenomenon. Either way there still may be reasonable explanations, i.e. dust particles, fakes, bad lighting... one must always be practical and sceptical.

Even someone like me (a very sceptical person when it comes to paranormal activity) seizes to explain certain occurrences, especially white noise. I have even had a personal experience I'd rather not share, but regardless of that - ive kept my interest in many key historical events which surprised and shocked the world.

Exorcisms are the best evidence so far that prove that paranormal activity, ghosts, and the spirit world may exist. When science and psychology are unable to explain cases such as - Anneliese Michel - the german catholic teen who died from a failure of the church practising unhealthy exorcisms. Aside from her death, her behaviour was unexplainable! Unbelievable strength, she spoke almost fluent hebrew during her so called possession, and at one point claims that the spirit of Hitler, Lucifer, Cain, Judas and others had taken over her! She became worse, unable to eat, communicate during her episodes, and displayed behaviour such as eating insects, urinating inconsiderably - and licking it off the floor. Barking like a dog, eating the head of a dead bird, and other incredibly disturbing behaviour.

Her behaviour prior to age 16 is not clear, however her first diagnosis of supposed possession was at age 16/17 when she refused to walk across a certain image of Jesus, and refused to drink holy water - the woman who diagnosed her claimed she smelled bad.

The film Exorcist was released around the time these events occurred, and so many believed this influenced Annelise's behaviour, aside from suffering from convulsions before hand.

Jennifer Carpenter plays the role of Annelise in the film 'Exorcism of Emily Rose' - Annelise's mother has since refused to watch the film and maintains no interest.

Annelise's case has become widely known, and her priests were prosecuted for not referring her to psychological institutions, resulting in her malnutrition.

This is the only REAL case I have come across so far that I feel accurately captures the possibilities of the supernatural or paranormal...

Posted Image

Annelise Michel

Sources : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anneliese_Michel

http://www.chasingthefrog.com/reelfaces/emilyrose.php

Edited by filmdesire (see edit history)

so one person thinks it's just about comfort....another thinks it's just about fear....haha this is getting funny. i think what i am reading is just a figment of my imagination hahaha

I cleared my view and to avoid those personal experience debates so i have to resort on comfort level. Cause if some people can feel ghosts, others will feel existence of pink invisible unicorn. Who wants to disprove such personal experience and with what argument ?.Tomorrow if someone in this forum stands up and says that he/she feels spirit of his/her mother or relative in particular room then explaining such person will not be so easy. If discussion is stretched then It will be close to ad-hominem from either side, so i think let such people live with what they feel about it. Scientifically there is no empirical evidence for pink unicorn,ghosts and gods. So such debates end up with either just counter questioning for the sake of it like we are seeing in another creationism thread or it ends up with ad-hominem. In any case we are not getting the answers. So let those people believe who wants to and also to those who don't.

personal experience accounts for a lot of things that one cannot prove otherwise. in fact, there IS proof but the proof just hasn't been shown to you and you also don't believe in other people's experiences. that's fine to each their own i say but it's unfortunate to know something that others can't seem to grasp.some people in life just to work, eat, breath, sleep, and die. i would hope more for those people but unfortunately some will never see the bigger picture.take a blind man who has extrodinary hearing to make up for his loss of sight. nobody else hears what this man hears but it doesn't mean he's crazy or what he hears doesn't exsist. there is no proof to what he hears as anything could discredit what he says.this subject is important because it discusses other areas of life that aren't as common as being born and eventually dying. i think one just has to experience it to fully believe in it. some are more blessed than others i guess

You've seen those shows, the ones that visit haunted places to declare whether or not the place is truly haunted. While the designers and multimedia engineers may add video effects and music to make the show creepier than perhaps the experience of the cast, who may or may not have already gotten used to be in scenarios where random things happen that would freak out any average person; and while you may argue (assert) that what is recorded on these ghost-detecting devices is made-up, that does not prove that they are made-up. The very material recorded on these devices could very well hold up in a court of law, to where any accuser would find themselves embarrassed for ever doubting in the first place. Anyone who holds science as a shield should only accept their conclusion, unless perhaps you yourself have physical counter-evidence—for mere statements won't hold against anything recorded by their devices.

For blind man you can verify what he feels and perceives to some extent and nobody calls him crazy that way. And blind persons experience can be viewed from the scientific perspective. But here the case is different, any random personal experience can't be FACTS or true.

Science works on the basis on falsification and verification. It is just don't throw mere statements based on some human written books to hold up arguments for the sake of countering without proof that we can see in threads like creationism here in this forum. If there are any so-called strong statements in favor of existence of ghost, better come up with scientific proof for it. Else better accept your own conclusion as right and be comfortable with it cause making mere statements that too without proof and for the sake of arguments won't hold of, not even by law.

The answer to your question is already in http://forums.xisto.com/topic/3555-do-you-believe-in-ghosts/.
However the question once raised will have its answer from the belief whether there is God. We know that every coin has two sides so does good and evil. If God has angels so does Satan have ghosts. So be prepared to believe in ghosts if you believe in God.

For blind man you can verify what he feels and perceives to some extent and nobody calls him crazy that way. And blind persons experience can be viewed from the scientific perspective. But here the case is different, any random personal experience can't be FACTS or true.

Science works on the basis on falsification and verification. It is just don't throw mere statements based on some human written books to hold up arguments for the sake of countering without proof that we can see in threads like creationism here in this forum. If there are any so-called strong statements in favor of existence of ghost, better come up with scientific proof for it. Else better accept your own conclusion as right and be comfortable with it cause making mere statements that too without proof and for the sake of arguments won't hold of, not even by law.

Agreed! Personal experiences are always subjected to opinion and elaboration. Using science to prove white noise, EMF etc is far more objective than to subject it to personal experience. Even though personal experiences can be as REAL and TRUE as hell, you are the only person to experience, therefore cannot prove it to another. I do have an open mind, but it is important to be subjective. I know of UFOs but I keep an open mind as to the cause of it. I don't like jumping to the conclusion that it is an alien entering our world.

It's why I gave the example of Annelise Michel, because it was an extraordinary happening which baffles many experts in the field of science and psychology.

Anyway, I better read my horoscope :P

hehe

The answer to your question is already in http://forums.xisto.com/topic/3555-do-you-believe-in-ghosts/.However the question once raised will have its answer from the belief whether there is God. We know that every coin has two sides so does good and evil. If God has angels so does Satan have ghosts. So be prepared to believe in ghosts if you believe in God.

And define 'ghosts' for me please?