xisto Community
filmdesire

'smokeless' E-cigarettes - Are they really safe?

@ PhoenixGFX : actually i don't think this will work to honestly, i'm not a real smoker, i just smoke occasionally but i have tried these to see if they have any effect it is just trying to fake yourself, i mean you know it is not cigarette so every time you try to use it you really don't feel like smoking, so i don't know why peoples are using them. just like gum, smoking is not only keeping something in the mouth, smokers know what i mean when you are smoking you can feel a real different process and nothing like gum or this electronic cigarette doesn't feel like that and you soon will get tired of using it. if you want to try them you can just go to a super market they surely will have it because it is getting popular these days but as i said you will soon through it away because of no similarity with real smoking.
These e-cigarettes provide nicotine, scientists think that after some smoking our body gets addicted to nicotine so we smoke again and again but they say smoke is dangerous way of getting nicotine so some of them have invented this thing to provide you vaporized nicotine without smoke and so it is healthier. they say it will give you similar sensation but in fact it doesn't, just think about it if this thing was really like a cigarette then nobody was smoking in the world anymore, you can not find someone who is happy from being a smoker so this thing is not giving you the same sensation or even half close to the real one. another strange thing is the LED light in the end of it, it is not so natural :D .

Another problem is that most of this e-cigarettes are not standard and are not confirmed as healthy devices by world health organization. the liquid they are using in these cigarettes consists of many materials and no one exactly knows what are they so using them may cause dangerous health injuries. in some countries like Australia these things are confirmed and they sell it in their drug stores but in many countries they are still unconfirmed. when i was using e-cigarette for about 4 or 5 days i was coughing regularly and when i stopped using it and used my regular cigarettes again the problem solved so as i was not enjoying it as real cigarette and as it had side effect of coughing in me so i never used them again.

I think if you want to quite smoking you should not try to find a replacement for it, some replacements like special gum or these E-cigarettes are having nicotine and many other things in it, so using them will not make you get ridding of nicotine addiction only you have replaced your paper built cigarette with a plastic one that may even be more dangerous and you will never enjoy it as the paper built ones. So if you want to really quite smoking just do not smoke and do not use anything instead too. its really hard but i think it is so much better than trying to find alternatives for smoking.

Well written. The main reason why people start smoking is because they want to look cool. I see no other reasons for someone to start. I read that nicotine is 10 times more addictive than heroine and 100 times more than cocaine. Don't know if that's true, never tried them.

What the governments should do is impose a stricter tax system on selling cigarettes, that's the only way I think I'll stop. I'm doing some research on these cigarette replacements and it doesn't look promising. Better off taking chantix or something similar.

Here, in my country, they are planning to implement a law that cigarette manufacturers/packagers include an image on the package that shows what happens when you smoke... you know the images with the lungs, mouth, etc.

I just saw 'The Tourist" with Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp. he was using one of the E-cigarettes. It looked cool, even blowing out "Artificial Smoke".

It looks that Hollywood is now promoting non-smoking and not glorifying smoking in movies as it did before.

Thumbs up for the writers and directors who think this way!

Posted Image