xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
thejode

24-karat Ps3

If you thought "Five-hundred-and-ninety-nine US dollars" was expensive, you ain't seen nothing yet: Customized PS3 Slims that have been dipped in 24-karat gold will run you a cool five grand.

Now, this recession has been hitting almost everyone around the globe, but there are certainly some folks out there who still have more than a little money to waste. If you are one of those people, then "luxury customization service" Computer Choppers may have the thing for you: A $4,999 PS3 Slim.

Why is this PS3 Slim so expensive, you ask? The answer: Because it and its two controllers have been coated with genuine, 24-karat gold. Naturally, this is the perfect holiday gift - as long as you're buying presents for Auric Goldfinger, anyway.

Posted Image

The best part? If you have even more disposable cash to burn on luxury-modified PS3s (and in which case you should be ashamed of yourself for buying your competitor's products, Mr. Gates) then you can customize the PS3 logo even further. While you'd normally be limited to plain, run-of-the-mill-and-not-extravagant-at-all substances like chrome, black chrome, 24kt gold, white gold, rose gold, or platinum, you could get your logo decked out in, say, diamonds.

And then you could take the diamonds and use them as a power source for your orbital laser, because you are clearly a supervillain.

Holy Moley! People seriously need to spend their money on something that is a little more worthwhile. Sure, I guess it would be cool to be the only person on your block to have a gold PS3.

A PS3 Slim and its controller at the price of $4,999 ? there's no way i take that, seriously. better to use my bucks for anything but that. say, what can i get with $4,999? a super high-end dedicated server computer? this thing is only for the one who have more money to waste, that's for sure O_O

Edited by FouGilang (see edit history)

Are you kidding me? There is no way that anyone on their right mind will get that. First of all , is a economic meltdown and everyone is broke and hardly are surviving with the little money that they have. Second of all, you might want it but after you get it you don't feel are satisfied. Third of all, is there a warranty if it breaks? You just rather buy a PS3 or PS2 or even a XBOX360 way cheaper

It'd probably cost a fraction of that price to just get it sent out and gold plated yourself. I don't know how they're gold plating it, I suppose you can only plate over another metal like aluminum but not plastic so maybe you couldn't get it plated yourself. That's too bad, because a gold plating wouldn't cost much at all. You'd just be paying for the exclusivity and novelty, but not anything of any real value. Anyone who buys this and doesn't have at least two supercars in the garage is a fool. I had my .44 Desert Eagle Semi-automatic pistol plated in nickel after I bought it some years back and it didn't cost that much at all. I even had the extra 10" barrel and all three magazines plated. I doubt it cost more than about $400 for everything. I know that the cost would've been the same if I'd had it gold plated, but, really, gold? How Gaudy can you get?

So why you need that? Would someone go out with that in the street so others can see. That makes no sense. It is not a ring or any special stone that cam be worn in a very rich party participating people. There's no way some normal even rich person can buy that. If someone buys something like that, this means he lost the sense of money. I wouldn't buy this if you gave money on me. :)

It would be a pity if you bought such a thing and someone would steal it for you ant would melt it to get gold :) I wouldn't buy such a golden PS3, plastic is enough for me.

It is like buying expensive thing and not using it in hope that it will get steal and will make life sad. So people better not waste money on such console, atleast after repair you can throw traditional consoles. What about this one ? can anyone throw these consoles if they get beyond capacity of repair ?

It would be a pity if you bought such a thing and someone would steal it for you ant would melt it to get gold :) I wouldn't buy such a golden PS3, plastic is enough for me.

Lol...I could just picture a thief in mind who is in your house to get some few hundred bucks but ends up finding your 24-karat ps3.

Lol...I could just picture a thief in mind who is in your house to get some few hundred bucks but ends up finding your 24-karat ps3.

Definitely not something you would take to college with you. Your roommate would steal it for sure. I really can't believe someone would pay that kind of money for a game system when people in our own country are out of a job and have to declare bankruptcy. People should be ashamed of themselves wasting money like that.