xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dajeerah

Problem With My Ipod Classic 5th Generation

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix a corrupted iPod? I tried to restore it many times and still it can't be fixed. iTunes says it's corrupted and the weird thing was, when I charge my ipod, the screen appears to be different. When I disconnected it, it doesn't go back to the main menu screen. The screen says OK to disconnect and I wonder why the screen was different and doesn't go back to the main menu. I even can't turn off my ipod or click the buttons, it seems like it doesn't respond or something. Please, anyone help me. :P I will apreciate anyone of you who help me. :P Dajeerah Bloom.

What do you mean by restore?I'm sure you know how, but I'm going to reiterate anyway in the case that you don't. Obtain the latest firmware AND previous releases online for your model of iPod and flash them using iTunes. (They are files with an IPSW extension. Use Google to find them online.) Plug in your iPod, open up iTunes to the default screen for your iPod (by clicking on your iPod under Devices on the left navigation bar), and either hold Shift and click on Restore for PC or hold the Option key and click on Restore for a Mac. This will bring up a dialog screen where you can locate your IPSW files by browsing for them. Try the latest firmware first, flash it, and see if everything's good to go. If not, try a previous release.Let us know how that goes for you. If you could, take pictures of your screens on your iPod to show us what you're dealing with. Be descriptive.