xisto Community
contactskn

Who.is Information Tab Doubt.

Dear friends yesterday I was browsing the who.is website and when I browsed the information tab for a website I saw the following details but was not able to understand the exact concept how they calculate these figures and what is the actual meaning of these figures. If any one out there knows the details of these figures then please give me the details. Actually some of the figures are easy to understand but the others are a bit difficult for me. So please help me and thanks for the help in advance. untitled.bmp

That information is usually provided by a website like Alexa and reports the traffic for that website. That information is not stored in the WHOIS database and is completely separate from domain registration information. A run down of what each term means:

Rank: how popular your website is combining both number of hits and reach. 1 is the most popular, 2 the second most popular. So, in your example, that site is the 8,514,288th most popular site on the Internet (according to that data).

Reach rank: expresses your rank in terms of the percentage of Internet users that visit your site, rather than the number of hits. The site that reaches the highest percentage of all Internet users is ranked 1.

Page views rank: your rank in terms of page views alone. Rank 1 is the site that had the most hits, 2 is the second most hits, etc.

Reach per million: out of a million people, how many people visit your site.

Page views per user: fairly self explanatory - the number of pages on the site each user looks at.

Alexa provide a bit more information on their ranking system at this page: http://rrchnm.org/

That information is usually provided by a website like Alexa and reports the traffic for that website. That information is not stored in the WHOIS database and is completely separate from domain registration information. A run down of what each term means:

Rank: how popular your website is combining both number of hits and reach. 1 is the most popular, 2 the second most popular. So, in your example, that site is the 8,514,288th most popular site on the Internet (according to that data).

Reach rank: expresses your rank in terms of the percentage of Internet users that visit your site, rather than the number of hits. The site that reaches the highest percentage of all Internet users is ranked 1.

Page views rank: your rank in terms of page views alone. Rank 1 is the site that had the most hits, 2 is the second most hits, etc.

Reach per million: out of a million people, how many people visit your site.

Page views per user: fairly self explanatory - the number of pages on the site each user looks at.

Alexa provide a bit more information on their ranking system at this page: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Dear friend the information provided for my doubt is really usefull not only for me but many of us. Thank you very much for such an informative details about the details in who.is (information tab).