xisto Community
SaraInWasteland

Will I Get It Back?

I got very busy with work, studying, etc. over the past few months, and neglected Xisto for a while. Therefore, my Xisto account got suspended because I hadn't earned enough to pay for my web hosting. I'm not complaining about that because it's my fault for not keeping up, but I'm just wondering if when I do earn enough to pay it off, will my website still be intact or will I have to start over from scratch? Thanks in advance. :P

How long has your site been suspended? it should still be there, they may delete it from their server if it's been a long time but I don't think they will do that without emailing you. (edit** haha jihaslip replied at the same time as me :P)

Edited by Soviet Rathe (see edit history)

Unless you have a back-up copy on your local machine (always a good idea), you will start with a new account.When accounts are 'suspended', the files are locked from access for 30 days and then deleted if the account is not refreshed.At least that is what I understand the process to be. I would plan on starting over again unless the suspension is recent.And ALWAYS have an account backup on your local system, even if it is on a USB stick.

I got very busy with work, studying, etc. over the past few months, and neglected Xisto for a while. Therefore, my Xisto account got suspended because I hadn't earned enough to pay for my web hosting. I'm not complaining about that because it's my fault for not keeping up, but I'm just wondering if when I do earn enough to pay it off, will my website still be intact or will I have to start over from scratch?
Thanks in advance. :P

Oo you people reply fast!

i originally said:

Your stuff should still all be there. :P

But i assume jlhaslip knows better, i assumed that if it is suspended it is simply locked and not altered in any other way. If it gets cancelled ten the stuff gets deleted. I could be wrong though
Edited by shadowx (see edit history)

I got a few e-mails this month, and it said that the past-due balance was due by December 21st. That would mean that I have until January 21st to get things straight, right? I do have things backed up though so getting the pages back, even if they're deleted, won't be a big problem. I don't want to lose my URL though so even if I have to create a new account, I can still use the same URL, right? Thanks for all the great answers everyone! :P

I don't want to lose my URL though so even if I have to create a new account, I can still use the same URL, right?

If you've bought a URL then that is a separate invoice, and you should be able to see it by selecting the "My Domains" page. Domains are registered for a minimum of one year, so even if you have to recreate your hosting you should still have the domain. Check in your account for the exact date when your domain expires to be sure.

I am in a similar posistion with my account being suspended and from what I read above delete also by now. I have overdue 45 dollars and will probably not be able to pay it back. If the systems deletes your account and you have no way of retaining it back then what is the point of continually adding in new invoices to the total each month? I came here hoping to get the latest copy of files and sql dumps since I have been sloppy with backups but it looks like I'm out of luck. I may wish to reapply for hosting again here but it does not make sense that I pay the 45 dollars overdue for hosting that I did not have over that period and I am not even able to access files and databases. If that was available and my site would only be showed if I paid my invoices then that would seem reasonable. How am I suppose to reapply for hosting again after these unfortunate events?

So here's the deal - I got it back! :P I earned enough to pay off the past due invoices (November and December) and as long as I don't slack off on posting here again, I should be OK from here on out. Things were crazy for me there for a while with work and studying, but I have decided to set aside time on my days off to spend time on Xisto. I didn't just miss my website, I missed the community too. :P Thanks to everyone for helping me out with this issue! You are all great! :D (Too bad Xisto doesn't have a karma/reputation system, or I'd give all of you some.)

from my past experience with xisto (which I have had a lot, which I cant say is necessarily good) even after more than a month of not paying, I was able to get my account with all the previous information on it.Just to be in the safe, although you have gotten it back already, just try not to leave it in suspension for over 30 days.

Well earning a dollar or two is not that hard if you post quality replies here on forums. You can start new thread about something and have some good discussion on it. That way you'll get some replies for your thread and some posts to earn mycents as well. In week, you can earn enough to host your site and domain for year. Most of the people here are earning that amount in week without spamming.It's just that there needs to be topic for discussio else it gets hard to earn mycents on forum. Your files will remain if you contact admin and earn enough mycents in grace period.

I am definitely not going to neglect my account here anymore. Coming back and posting helped me remember that this is a fun place to be, and since it's basically general discussion, I can always find something to talk about on here. :) Many of the forums I'm on are based around a certain thing and therefore most of the discussions revolve around that one topic. Here, you can find a discussion for just about anything. Time is something that I seem to never have enough of, but I figure if I can make just a little more time for Xisto in my week, I can keep it up and get to enjoy the company here too. :D

Glad to hear you decided to become a little more active here. It's nice to see some different people with different interests. What kind of stuff do you like to discuss on forums? Just because nobody else is talking about something, doesn't mean nobody wants to. I often don't bother posting anything because I don't think anybody cares about my topics.