xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kobra500

Recommend Me A Bible.

I'm looking for a bible, now heres the kicker, I want a bible with full thickness pages, I don't care how big it is and price is not a real interest, I know there are a lot people here who believe in Christianity and Might know, and for your information, a King James bible is the type I want, I don't want a good news bible, and It needs both old and new testaments. I'm also looking for a Qu'ran, English Translation obv. because I don't speak arabic, and likewise I want the thicker pages.It's not that I don't see the point in the thin pages that fall apart, I would rather pay more for better Quality.Thanks in advance.Edit: Study Bibles are good, I just want one I can use for personal use but also religious studies, in needs to be appropriate for ample sticky notes. Hardback is good rather than spending out on Leather or Goatskin etc.

Edited by kobra500 (see edit history)

you're looking for a bible on trap 17? go search online for it or go to ebay haha i doubt you will find what you are looking for here. in fact, pay me a finders fee and i will find it for you....

I'm looking for a bible, now heres the kicker, I want a bible with full thickness pages, I don't care how big it is and price is not a real interest, I know there are a lot people here who believe in Christianity and Might know, and for your information, a King James bible is the type I want, I don't want a good news bible, and It needs both old and new testaments.
I'm also looking for a Qu'ran, English Translation obv. because I don't speak arabic, and likewise I want the thicker pages.

It's not that I don't see the point in the thin pages that fall apart, I would rather pay more for better Quality.

Thanks in advance.

I don't want to buy one from you, but I'm sure the Christians here can do a better job of finding one with Thicker Pages, they might know one or even own one they can recommend me.

KJV tends to include some old English in it. If you go to WalMart (assuming you have one in your area), you can most likely find a NIV Bible for about $5 that has thick pages (first Bible i've purchased). Most Bibles today that you find online have thin pages, some so thin that they feel like they're going to tear upon turning the pageā€”not my kind of thing, but some seem durable enough. In other words, the "cheap" ones tend to have thick pages.

As for the Qur'an, this one has thick pages: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I'd say go to a good bookstore if you want one with thick pages. Barnes and Noble should have some. Most of the Bibles that are produced now have extremely thin pages that can tear just by turning the page. KJV is a great version of the Bible (well, there aren't any bad versions), I use it.

KJV tends to include some old English in it.

Thats okay, I can read old english fine

If you go to WalMart (assuming you have one in your area)

Know we don't have WalMart here in England, we have ASDA which is owned by walmart but it's not really the same as Walmart...

some so thin that they feel like they're going to tear upon turning the pagenot my kind of thing

I'm glad you agree, thin pages do suck.