xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kleong

World Cup 2010 Group Draw

Group A South Africa Mexico Uruguay France Group BArgentina Nigeria South Korea Greece Group CEngland United States Algeria Slovenia Group DGermany Australia Serbia Ghana Group ENetherlands Denmark Japan Cameroon Group FItaly Paraguay New Zealand Slovakia Group GBrazil North Korea Ivory Coast Portugal Group HSpain Switzerland Honduras Chile

Can you throw some light on the status of countries like India and China. When these countries are not qualified for the final event what do they do. Is there some sort of tournaments among themselves to improve the quality of game in their own standard.I once remember in my childhood that Germany visited India and quashed India 11-0 loss. A pathetic site where the Indians looked like domestic cats who fear water as compared to panthers of Germany.

When a country did not qualify for the world cup, what they do during the summer is to watch the tournament unfold on their tv. As for thrashing, I really felt that they are neccessary in the process of improving. If one could remember, not too long ago, Turkey and Greece are the whipping boys of European soccer. Thou they are not a superpower now, they definitely aint push over. And in the 2002 World Cup, Turkey did reach the semi final while Greece was crowned European Champion in 2004.The point here is, what is the point of winning against a mediocre team when there is nothing to learn out of it.For their huge population, they could not field a proper team, non did any of the 2 countries have a world class superstar. This I believe got to do with the culture of the country. For their dominance in Table Tennis, Swimming (China) and Cricket (India), one cant say the same for soccer.