xisto Community
whyme

Myphp Forum a simple yet powerful forum

I just tried installing a new forum a few days ago, called MyPHP Forum, I found it to be really powerful yet, takes on the non-graphical approach, perhaps a link to my forum would be good, so you can see what i mean,

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I'm partly doing this becasue I want people to use te themes i made, :D

check out the MyPHP website @ http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

check out the user made themes @ http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I had alook, rightaway I liked it more than most forums. The look and layout is so smooth. No nasty images. Images ruin a page. So do skins like the default IPB one.Whats it like to control and whats posting like? Good interface? Any downsides? I might use this forum software.

i really like it...i heard Myphp forum b4...but after..decided to use phpbb again...firstly there so many forum badly written in the net now...so not really want to waste time config and change theme etc...afterall not a good forum to be used...however after seeing yr forum...i think i should try this now...thanks for yr sharing...

It seems to be a very simple use forum and clean and easy to use, but not as hi-tech as some would call the other pre-installed forums. I use ipb right now and phpbb as well with php nuke. IPB is a much better and has many more mods to use with it. I have grown to like the phpbb forums too though since it goes along with the php nuke and it has the mods that come with it as well.

its very clean and easy to use but it isnt feature rich that could be good or bad to different people but i like more features

50209[/snapback]

As of now, MyPHP Forum is only in version 2.0beta, the relase of version 3.0 in march will feautre an avatar system, a more graphical approach, more complicated topic controls, and member mangement. As well, more people are developing in this source code too, I think that with time, it will develop into a very powerful forum.

well i used IPB since the beginning of internet but, i just like the style on PhpBB bit more, when i had my IPB i moded it to look like phpBB but now that there is a preinstalll, i just installed phpBB and im happy with it. But it is alot harder to use...IPB can do changes in mass phpBB requires time and patients....

I like this forum because it's simple and small. It's good for those people who just want a small little forum, and not a community as large as Xisto!

Yes exactly. Thats why I bought IPB and I love and it does axactly what I want and expect it to do. But other people may have different expectations. :D

Well it seems to be quite easy and more suitable for smaller communities..I don't like the interface very much that's why I won't use it and the features don't seem to be that great too... I really care about the look of the forum because when I don't like the design I don't want to use that one on my site..i only consider it when that forum has some really good feature others don't have...At first I used phpbb but it was too plain and simple i wanted something more, then came xmb it was really pretty but the community got larger and larger and now i use ipb and i'm really happy with it.. it has lots of features and the look isn't so bad either..So I think that myphp seems to be better for smaller communities..I just don't like the look, but it's not so rough as some forums have it's smooth as someone already mentioned...I don't like the icons either..well you can always make some yourself but i'm usually too lazy for that..But it doesn't look bad i'd use it if i had a nice little site with a smaller community....

Ouch X_X! I'm not really into pre-made message boards/forums. I mean, Invision Power Board and phpBB are nice, and punBB owns but I like boards that were created by somebody else. My message boards run on a source code created by "Onion" and modified by "Golden Mario" and "Magus". (Sub-Zero --Click 'Boards'). I modified it to my liking (as you see there is another line in the footer with my name [Helljumper]). Now I added tons of new features and although I think you can edit stuff with the premade boards.. With source codes; you get less errors and it's just easier to edit.