xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
contactskn

Customer Friendly Competition Between Mobile Service Providers.

I remember it very well some years ago when some one brought the first mobile in our city he was a rich person and many people went to him to see his mobile, the size of the instrument was very big compared to the instrument available their in the market now a days. More over if I am not wrong outgoing calls at that time was about 12Rs. and incoming calls were charged at Rs. 8 / minute. But now all of us know in India there are many service providers like BSNL, AIRTEL, TATA and so on, incoming became free and the outgoing also reached up to 1paisa / second which was actually unbelievable some years ago but due to this competition between mobile service providers ultimately we customers are benefited. Now we can get the SIM for just 49Rs. and so. Many a times I think what will be the next after 1paisa/second. What’s your opinion about this dear friends have you ever thought.?post-73445-1260167979_thumb.jpeg

It sounds like you guys have a really great deal in India (almost unbelievable even). In Australia our rates for calls are much more expensive, which is mostly due to our networks having to cover so much distance per the population (or so they say). For instance for you, 60 paisa's gets you at least a minute talk time for outgoing. On my current plan with my current provider (Australian Telstra which sucks for price) i pay 79 cents for one minute of normal talk time outgoing, which is equivalent to about 33 rupees and 47 paise's. That really doesnt seem right to me, but according to exchange rates its true. Any way you pay a very cheap rate by the sounds of things.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

It sounds like you guys have a really great deal in India (almost unbelievable even). In Australia our rates for calls are much more expensive, which is mostly due to our networks having to cover so much distance per the population (or so they say). For instance for you, 60 paisa's gets you at least a minute talk time for outgoing.
On my current plan with my current provider (Australian Telstra which sucks for price) i pay 79 cents for one minute of normal talk time outgoing, which is equivalent to about 33 rupees and 47 paise's. That really doesnt seem right to me, but according to exchange rates its true. Any way you pay a very cheap rate by the sounds of things.

Yes dear friend its correct according to the exchange rates, right now I have activated a new plan in one of my SIM which will cost only 49 paisa / minute for me. At last we customers are benefited isn't it. 

This is a war as far as the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India is concerned brought to the telecom operators. The service providers are now running post to pillar to get a plan that fits the subscriber pocket and at the same time does not hurt the business. Come to SMS and TATA DOCOMO has come up with plans that will make you pay for first 2 sms daily and all the rest sms are free. And believe it or not the first 2 sms will cost you just Rs 1.20. The normal sms rates were Rs 1.00 for outside circle and Rs 0.40 for local sms. So it is just 3 sms cost daily and the rest is just free. You save unlimited as far as that day is concerned.Things are getting worse withe the fact that you spend Rs 0.01 per second and it takes just 5 seconds to tell where you are or how long it will teke you to reach as compared to atleast Rs 0.90 per call earlier.And with the introduction of more than six operators per circle things look to bad for the operators. If things go this way then a time will come when rivals will end up creating unhealthy environment.But the bottom-line as of now is that now even the rag pickers can afford to carry a working mobile number as long as he gets access to a mobile set.

Edited by buxgoddess (see edit history)