xisto Community
mrdee

Weird Opening Screen In Windows 7

Hello,I am experiencing something weird in Windows 7.Whenever I open a particular program (Cubase 5 to be exact), a screen pops up over the splash screen saying "Cubase5.exe there is no disc in the drive. Please insert a disc in drive F:", then there are 3 buttons, "Cancel", "Try again", "Continue".Firstly, there is no F drive on my system.Secondly, the problem has only started today, it stops for a while after a reboot.I seem to remember I had a similar problem when I was using Win XP, but then, the program in question would not run as far as I can remember.But now, after clicking any of the buttons a few times, the program continues to load and runs normally.Even though the program still works, it is obviously very annoying having to go through this.Has anyone had a similar experience, and even better, does anyone know a cure for this?Thanks in advance.

Cubase 5.exe is an audio program?If so, was it installed recently? Is this a fresh Windows 7 or upgraded from your previous version?It's a possibility that Cubase 5.exe was in the middle of installing from F drive (perhaps from a thumb drive or removable hard drive) and then removed before a complete installation process. To counteract this error, simply remove or uninstall the Cubase 5.exe. And then reinstall but this time let the installation process finish and wait some more (for a good, safety measure).Let us know how it goes.

Cubase uses a dongle right? Perhaps Windows calls the dongle Drive F: and maybe it's not finding it for some reason. I don't know.

Cubase (yes, an audio program) indeed uses a dongle.However, if the dongle is not present, or not found, Cubase will not run at all.In my ycase, it does after a few clicks.However, the problem has now disappeared just as it started out of the blue, without me making any changes to anything whatsoever.I would say (for now) 'touch wood', but if the problem occurs again, I will try to do what Buffalohelp suggested.Nevertheless, thank you for the input, my friends.I might have to return here one day....... (hope not, of course).