xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rubikcode

Company Of Heroes

Anyone here play Company Of Heroes?It is a WWII based RTS featuring the US Normandy Beach Invasions. Other expansion packs like opposing fronts include other campaigns like the failed Operation Market Garden. As always there is a multiplayer mode.Please reply If you play the game!

The game came with an old graphics card of mine (XFX 8600 GT). I can't say that i'm good at the game, but i did beat the campaign. It is an interesting game, unlike your normal RTS. I like the fact that you don't need the CD to play it (although an internet connection is required for playing without the CD), but the game itself takes up around 6 gigabytes of spaceā€”all the updates took forever to download. I don't play the game much, though.

Yeah i enjoyed that game a bit although i only played the demo of it, my good comp fried before getting the full version :D . In the demo i had the opportunity to play the level "St Fromond", very intense engaging level.? :) I also played one of the skirmish levels where my team were the Americans and the other team the Germans. From that experience i discovered how much damage a "Goliath" remote bomb was capable of. Unfortunately they didn't work so affectively for me when i played the Germans side, they'd always be blown away before reaching their destination (which of course would have been obliterated). Sometimes id have have 5 of these tank bombs running around on the map at once. (most were usually blown away)Great fun, definitely ranks in my top 10 games. :o Another game which people may vaguely remember was "Soldiers". These two games have many similar characteristics which always had me wondering if they were made by the same company.?

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

Company of heroes is an amazing RTS!!...unfortunately, I lost my disks..thankfully I have the other 2 standalone expansion packs :P but in my honest opinion, the best one is the original. it is just so much more..epic i guess than the other campaigns