xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
princeofvegas

How Do You Tell Your Best Friend Your In Love With Them?

Well here is a tough situation and it may sound cliche for most of you, however it is where I am at right now. I have had a best friend of the opposite sex for almost 10 years. I can talk to her about ANYTHING and we have always gotten along so well. There has never been any kind of sexual tension between us, but laterly when I talk to her I feel like both of us are trying to avoid talking about a certain topic.I have genuine feelings for her and I would like to take our relationship to the next level, however I do not want to risk ruining our friendship by opening my mouth. I live in Las Vegas now and she lives up in Seattle but we remain in regular contact.How would you approach this to her if you were in my situation?

this is too simple. you have to be in agony right now keeping this subject inside yourself without informing her in how you feel. it's better to be open and rejected than to keep that crap to yourself as it creates it's own pain.

be upfront and honest with her. if she has a boyfriend or husband, you will have to suck it up and respect her situation. but openess and honesty will at least allow you to communicate your feeling and get to know her own thoughts on the subject.

be carefull though. if she doesn't feel the same way you do, she just might avoid you even further because she doesn't want to lead you on

i would have a talk with her and open up to her. see how it goes, then came back here and post the results.

long term friendships where someone wants more is tricky though because after time, a woman will feel comfortable and relaxed in the friendship. she may not want to ruin that with a relationship.....especially if she's been hurt in the past

but as long as she isn't already involved with someone where you are not disrespecting that relationship, i would come clean and ask her her thoughts. also, no matter how it goes, i might want to suggest doing something romantic a couple times to show her how much you care about her(not just through words). this is all you can do for now. suggestions? ecard? flowers? poem? even on the phone together when watching a movie you both would enjoy so you can feel eachothers emotions during the movie. be creative.

good luck with it....don't forget to post any new circumstances :)

Well here is a tough situation and it may sound cliche for most of you, however it is where I am at right now.
I have had a best friend of the opposite sex for almost 10 years. I can talk to her about ANYTHING and we have always gotten along so well. There has never been any kind of sexual tension between us, but laterly when I talk to her I feel like both of us are trying to avoid talking about a certain topic.

I have genuine feelings for her and I would like to take our relationship to the next level, however I do not want to risk ruining our friendship by opening my mouth. I live in Las Vegas now and she lives up in Seattle but we remain in regular contact.

How would you approach this to her if you were in my situation?

this is too simple. you have to be in agony right now keeping this subject inside yourself without informing her in how you feel. it's better to be open and rejected than to keep that crap to yourself as it creates it's own pain.
be upfront and honest with her. if she has a boyfriend or husband, you will have to suck it up and respect her situation. but openess and honesty will at least allow you to communicate your feeling and get to know her own thoughts on the subject.

be carefull though. if she doesn't feel the same way you do, she just might avoid you even further because she doesn't want to lead you on

i would have a talk with her and open up to her. see how it goes, then came back here and post the results.

long term friendships where someone wants more is tricky though because after time, a woman will feel comfortable and relaxed in the friendship. she may not want to ruin that with a relationship.....especially if she's been hurt in the past

but as long as she isn't already involved with someone where you are not disrespecting that relationship, i would come clean and ask her her thoughts. also, no matter how it goes, i might want to suggest doing something romantic a couple times to show her how much you care about her(not just through words). this is all you can do for now. suggestions? ecard? flowers? poem? even on the phone together when watching a movie you both would enjoy so you can feel eachothers emotions during the movie. be creative.

good luck with it....don't forget to post any new circumstances :)

I have to agree with you there come out in the open. Hurt emotions are like wounds they have to air out or they fester and get infected and thats never good

and thats interesting about the movie and on the fone....