xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

My Addiciton

I just came to the sad realization that I actually have an addiction! Didn't even know it until this past week. Guess it took awhile for the withdrawl to kick in. Now I can add another reason to my fairly long list of why I hate winter. Oh, and my addiction is of course, rather odd.November 8th was the last swapmeet for the 2009 at the I 44 swap meet. We go every week, providing it's not raining, and considering how much rain we got this year, it was pretty amazing that is seldom rained on sunday, the day we normally go. So we hardly missed a week all summer long. My better half and I both enjoy going, and it is pretty much our only "entertainment" that we get involved in. I love to hunt for bargains and get great deals on stuff. And you never know what kind of goodies you will end up finding there at usually great prices. So, now it's over until next year. And this past week I have found myself crusing E Bay! Hadn't been in there for ages. (lol, probably last winter, come to think about it) Just have this uncontrolable urge to bargain hunt!

It isn't too unusual as far as I'm concerned. As many women love to shop to the point of it becoming an addiction, you love to bargain hunt and get good deals. Be glad it isn't the other way around!

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

don't tell me that you haven't checked out craigslist yet. you can get some really good deals....especially under the freebies section and those advertising about their curb pickups.do you bargain hunt for your own personal use or do you sometimes resell the things you find?

Not sure why I have avoided Craigs list, maybe because I worry about scammers, and the like. And I'm not usually looking for a specific item, we know what we use around here and just try to grab what we know at some point we will need here. Like insulators for electic fence, we are always needing them, so I grab any of those I see cheap, and sooner or later we end up with some fence to build. But the swap meet is back in full swing again, and I'm happy. I don't really buy to resell, not exactly anyway, I do buy a lot of dog crates, but those are to ship pups in and buying them at the swap meet just helps keep my shipping costs down. I usually just buy stuff for us to use here. You'd be amazed at the amount of stuff you need when you have a farm, complete with dogs, goats, etc. This past week I got a whole box full of stuff, for $2. The box had 2 big paint brushes, 2 roller pans, 3 or 4 new tubes of calk and liquid nails, and a bunch of other stuff, one paint brush would of cost more than that at the hardware store. I buy books too, just to read, but then after I read them I resell them, that's just cheap entertainment. I usually find plants for the garden and flowers cheaper there too. I feel like if I can buy something from a private individual, I'm doing more good than spending more money on some giant corperation like Wal Mart.