xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Soviet Rathe

Ip.downloads Problem

On IP.Downloads when I submit a file, it auto creates a topic, but if the file has a screen shot, in the topic where the screen shot is supposed to be all I see is

[img]http://bloodingsouls.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&req=display&code=sst&id=5[/img]
and no image. but if you go to the url you see the image. BBCode and HTML are allowed in the forum where it makes the topic and the Screenshots folder is CHmodded to 777

idk what the problem is.

It's IP.Board's security feature from bbcode executing malicious code.All images and IMG tags are looking for the right extension, such as .jpg, .gif, .png... your's image location has none. Try saving the actual image as some image name and then use the proper image tag.

Without seeing an example it's all heresay. Perhaps they went through the trouble of making a thumbnail and incorporating before simply using the default method.As always with forum posting, examples and explanations of trials and methods tried are always STRONGLY encouraged to be included with your posting. We're not psychics :) We don't know what you have done or seen in the past.

Soviet, the IP.Downloads Manager is a well coded product, however, files uploaded in your upload directory for those downloads really depend on you and your members.

On to your issue, if you could PM me a test admin account or something on your forums, I can take a look for you.

It's IP.Board's security feature from bbcode executing malicious code.

Actually, it's not. :) IP.Board does not have any security feature conflict with IP.Downloads. :o I've had this issue before, and sometimes it's wise to re-check all settings, make sure the board has dynamic images enabled.

Yes you can trust him he has been a member of IPB support for ages and signed up on my Invision Power Board support or Forum sites. I am sure -Sky- Will get this problem fixed for you if you give him the accounts and details he needs.

As I said to Soviet on Xfire, I will do it for him as soon as I have finished a project.@Soviet, sorry for the waiting dude. I'll get it done after coding my new mod. (A mod for Trap).EDIT: Soviet, the images trying to be displayed are not in any image extension (ex: .png, .jpeg etc) thus causing it to LINK the image. the IMG tags cannot make it an image because they are not actually proper images.

Edited by -Sky- (see edit history)