xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
-Sky-

Ip.board 2.3x Mods For Trap

Hello all, and hello particularly to the admins, OpaQue and Buffalo.

Alright, so I've had a discussion with OpaQue about installing some mods on here, such as a Members Online Today mod (shows all the members that have been ONLINE today, or any other day). Since I couldn't be bothered to root around looking for mods for Trap, I decided to code some of my own for Traps forum. The modifications I've coded for my IPB Support forum will be publicly uploaded to the following IPB sites:

Invision-Mods.co.cc (My support board)

InvisionTweaks.com

Invisionize.com

My forum and InvisionTweaks require's a simple but easy verification. On InvisionTweaks, you'd need to send a PM to -Calypso- (iTweaks owner) requesting verification. On my board, same as Calypso, but send ME a PM at IPS. Send ComRadKeL a PM, and on Invision Tweaks, send Kel-F a PM. Two simple ways of getting verified, however I do NOT do verifications for iTweaks. Only Calypso does that.

On to the main,

My new mod I coded originally for Xisto is my [K-F] AdminCP Security Keycode mod. it requires a secret security key to get access. despite having htaccess installed, it's also more secure to use this.

This modification will allow you to setup your own global Admin CP "Security Passcode". It is was coded exactly to give you and your Invision Power Board Admin CP some security by making admins input your setup password.

CAUTION!: That the key you type in for your Admin Control Panel will be converted into an MD5 hash salt. Usage of the actual converted hash is incorrect, and will NOT let you access your Administration Control Panel.

I shall be releasing more soon.

EDIT: Thread for the preview of my mod: [K-F] AdminCP Security Code

Comments?

Edited by -Sky- (see edit history)

Well, theres no specific "mod/addon" for that, though I'll see what I can come up with. :)

EDIT: It seems like it's HTML, and we do not have HTML for our signatures. However, there is the Access Permissions Suite v1.0.3 by Pete T over at InvisionTweaks. I'm not sure if it has an option to allow HTML in sigs though.

Edited by -Sky- (see edit history)

Well I can't wait for these changes for mods to be fixed and to have new mods, I do hope the admins let you have control and trust you enough to have access to FTP and ACP :). Abuse and I kill youz :o. I think we should have a IPB support section of these forums to experienced IPB users to earn Mycents by helping Noobs or new memebrs out.

It's not about the trust... it's about the security and functionality of Xisto, mycent and the whole free hosting business themselves.Only OpaQue will amend, fix, modify and upgrade Xisto board--no one else. And I mean no one :)

It's not about the trust... it's about the security and functionality of Xisto, mycent and the whole free hosting business themselves.
Only OpaQue will amend, fix, modify and upgrade Xisto board--no one else. And I mean no one :)

lol I really don't blame him, I'm not saying you would, but you could put something in the server that would give u access later on or worse. but I'm sure they take regular backups.

Only OpaQue will amend, fix, modify and upgrade Xisto board--no one else. And I mean no one

Well what if the forums got sql injected or something, The hacker would have full control and do anything until an admin suspects something :). So technically you can't say that XD.