xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
loc

Guild Wars Do any of you play Guild Wars?

Does anybody here play Guild wars? I heard that it is supposed to be good, but I don't really want to pay for the beta or the game until I know that it's supposed to be cool. Right now, I play Diablo II and Starcraft. Do any of you play Blizzard Games?I may start playing Warcraft III again. I would like to play WoW, but I don't really want to pay for the subscription fee.Anybody play this? How is it? Are the graphics good? I have heard that it is fun, but it looks a bit underdeveloped to me.

well i've never heard of this game before which console is it on? its sounds like an online game to me but i could be wrong.

guildwars looks goodyou dont have to pay a suscription fee which is goodthe classes to choose from is ok but i think you can have a combo class like warrior/ranger or something like that which is cool

well what game would you be talking about their is a least a few million from crappy to excellent

i played the beta and.. i dont like it... at least the movement controls, but the graphics were amazing.Perhaps they improved somethin but there's a lot of mmorpgs in the web, this one doesnt seem very good, too many jobs and subjobs

Guild Wars is not free you have to at least buy the first initial installation of the game.I don't like it...the idea is bold and innovative but once again the end content of the game is PvP (player vs. player) Not to mention the streaming game data idea is nice for low populated games once you get hammered get ready for up to 5 mins + loading times and since there is no monthly fee get ready to pay 30 dollars + every 2 months to get additional content so they can keep the servers up and running instead of charging the say 15.00 dollars a month for a subscription to the game with constant content updates and additions like WoW they will just nail you for expansions every 1-2 mths to make up for it.In my opinion it is not worth it to get nailed paying for more content every 1-2mths then paying an actual fee for server maintnence and such and just get the content thrown in with it.

You guys are fools. Criticizing a game you have yet to even play. I have played the game since the original World Preview Event to all the Beta Weekend Events and the game has changed dramatically.

Trystim you are a fool go to their official website https://www.guildwars.com/en/ and read the FAQ. The expanded chapters are expected to be released at LEAST 12 months apart or once a year. Even then they are completly optional and you can paly without them. Evena fter they are released there wills till be new areas where you can team up with people who have the second chapter ect. I do not believe that you understand the streaming update system either. The game updates itself regularly with patches transfered as you play. There are cosntant updates and cosntand additions why I thinkt eh alst 3 updates awere only a day or two apart.

Simply stated it is my opinion that Guild Wars is an amazing game both graphically and technically. And as a fact I can say it trully is unlike any other game before it. Its closest relatives would be WoW or Diablo 2 and even then they are not very simar.

If I may quote a review:

Traditional MMORPG addicts may not find much here to tempt them away from their usual poison. Leveling is quick and painless, penalties for failure are slim, trade skills are practically non-existent --much here would be anathema to a game with the same old Everquest structure. Committed players will hit the level cap in a few days -- but that's really where the game begins... On the other hand, if tedious leveling up, dull combat, or uninspired player vs. player gaming are your quibbles with today's massively multiplayer offerings, Guild Wars is the cure. With its user-friendly and bug-free client, immensely well thought out design, flexible structure, and first-class PVP, NCSoft's latest is off to an excellent start -- and the price is certainly right. Don't miss it.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

It has changed a lot since the first beta. Beyond skills beign tweaked and graphics actually getting better the rumors were true that in the beta you really had acess to only 15-35% of the game deending which BWE you took part in.There are much more quests, explanded PvE, there is now acess to all 150+ skills (though you can still only take 8 with you). Probably the most notable changes was the streamlining of the HUD & chats. The HUD is probably the biggest and most notacible change if you played the BWE before #4. Everything is much more streamlined and if you don't like the layout unlike other games the HUD appears to be fully cusomizable though I find the default sufficent. You can turn of bars, add bars, add icons shortcuts, even resize and move major part of it. The HUD love it or hate it has had a complete facelift.In the comments that it is really good I would have to agree. There is none of the usual grind and there is none of the repetative hours training or mining. Many are tempted to call it a MMORPG (massivly multipalyer online role palying game) while though similar you must understand it is very much diffrent and actually the developers CORPG (cooprative online role playing game). Much of the game is instanced, a seperate mirror map is created for you and your party though much of the game with towns, outposts, & cooperative mission points acting as hubs where you can play with any player in the world.Probably the games greatest strength would be PvP. Your characters are extremly flexible as in any point in the game you can reset your stats int eh forms of refunds and in a mere minutes my Fire Elementalist w/ Revive is now a Healing Monk in disguise with the uber energy stores of an Elementalist. Switch from Area of Effect damage to healing by refunding my fire attributes and putting the points into healing. So there is a lot you cna do in PvP as no single class or skill is strong as everything has something that can be countered or some sort of weakness to be exploited. TThis goes in much the mentality of the 'no uber items' idea that many are having problems with...I myself am a fan of PvE though because I wanna see this storyline...

I agrre you must buy game first for account. But Graphics rule game play sucks Bad! i like the PVP tournaments.. but i wish you didnt go in another Zone when fighting... the thought of fighting in same zone with other players is the whole idea of MMORPG's. Second if you were a noob with no help it would be so hard to follow game story... i play it i have 1 19 character and it was really tough... and to actually leave ascalon took the longest and leaving old ascalon took even longer if beleivable... the once you get out of old ascalon the gae gets so much better and the hall of hero's is alot of fun.I think they could make PVP much better by normal players can watch... Like on anarchy-online they have a stadium and they had a huge tournament. Thousands of member aoeared there and 200 joined in the 1 week tournament... They had really good prizes and alot of fun games.Also they had a guild battle and my old guild that i thought was a little noobish came in first. It apears they made new characters and Twinked them... But on Guild wars you cant twink... you use what you buy and find... Money is harsh untill level 15 and weapons suck. Mobbs are too stocked up. The fact that you gotta kill to your next destination is dumb.I got lots more comments but ill leave them...

I just recently bought Guild Wars and have 3 charactersthere are 6 classes: warrior, ranger, necromancer, elementalist, monk, and mesmeryou choose one job and then later you get to get a 2nd jobi believe there is a total of 42 classes including someone without a 2nd classright now im a elementalist/mesmerranger/necromancerand elementalist/rangerits really cool as when you join a guild, you can get a cape!with your own logo on it i thinki havnt pvp anyone yet cuz im still in the noobie area but i heard its coolits free to play online (boo WoW) and its pretty cool

Man! Calm down... Guild wars aint the best... i recently posted a forum about what i think and what others think. Go read it and find out why not alot of people like it... Fist ill tell you one or 2 things... It has horrible gameplay. Second XP is bad as the Gameplay.