xisto Community
mahesh2k

Kontera Earning & Payouts

Hi Trappers, sorry to digg this up on weekend. But i have noticed that Kontera is not counting the earning which was more than 6 months in our kontera account. That means if you earn 25 $ in last 6 months then they're not going to carry forward. Only few in that will go ahead if the months are connected to next months in quarter cycle they are counting with. For example i have registered on January and my 6 month earning is upto june. then right now my 6 month cycle for earning is from may in that cycle i can see my earning before may is not added and i have lost the money. So that way even if i earn more than 45$. I have lost the amount in calculation.Some issues with kontera are :1. Not taking count of earning which is in earlier 6 month cycle.2. No visible counter for overall earning so far3. No support answer for this query as of yet.I have discussed this on Xisto as well. Some members have similar experience with kontera. So i'm asking you what is your experience with kontera ? If this system is not going to pay us for our hard work then what's point in continuing that ? I don't mind moving to other similar ad networks like infolinks, TTZMedia. What's your opinion on this ? Correct me if i'm wrong with this. Let me know your views.

I did not know that. 6 months is not fair. However, I can assure that Kontera pays as it has been paying us from the time we have implemented it on Xisto. Also, as we manage to cross $100 every month, we never noticed the 6 month cycle.The reason I prefer Kontera is because its network is wayy bigger than other players in the market. As a result, the Click through rates offered by Kontera are obviously much higher than its competitors.

Hi opaque, take a look at my earning period's screen shot. I'm not allowed to pick date earlier than this. That is last date i have picked for update is 1st june. All my earning earlier to 1st June is lost. I have no way of checking how much it was. and how much i have earned so far. I am not getting any reply from kontera team about this. This is same with most of the users so i thought it's better to let others know about this if i'm wrong with observation of account.

Posted Image

Yes mahesh, kontera is not calculating earnings beyond 6 months. I had also lost around $21. I didn't know that either. When trying to find this in their knowledgebase I read somewhere that the data will be available for only last 6 months.. I found the following data in their knowledgebase.

I'm only seeing my last 6 months worth of data and earnings

The results of a comprehensive survey held within our network, indicated that the vast majority of our publishers had minimal interest in daily reports dating back over 180 days. Rest assured that no data has been lost, and that all of your account information, since joining Kontera's network, is saved on our end.

The total balance of my account since my last payment/since I joined Kontera

Please use the Contact Us form to send an email to our accounting department that will provide you with this information. To expedite response be sure to select "Payment Issue" from the drop down menu to specify your request.

Anyway I will also submit a ticket about this issue, and will report those details here...

Now after reading this in knowledge-base it made me worry more. what to ask them in this case if they are not calculating our earning. Are we going to get paid for our earnings in that period ? Or that money is simply lost ? I'm lost in this trouble with kontera and not sure what to ask them in support ticket. :-/

I think, as per their knowledge-base they are calculating the amount at their end, but not displaying those details to us... I've just submitted a ticket for information about all my earnings since I joined kontera... Lets wait and see what they reply..

Well I've also noticed this, but I though it was a matter of not reaching the minimum amount to get paid. This is very unfair. Well we must do something about that, because earnings from our hard work on writing here can't just be lost. I think that admins here won't change it so something must be done.

Hi guys! I have just registered with kontera and need little bit of your help. Can anyone of you just tell me what is Kontera client Id? Is it my kontera account username i.e. my email address through which I registered with kontera or anything else! Please tell me how to get that as I need to put in my Kontera Client ID in my Xisto control panel to start earning! :) Thanks in advance

Hi guys! I have just registered with kontera and need little bit of your help. Can anyone of you just tell me what is Kontera client Id? Is it my kontera account username i.e. my email address through which I registered with kontera or anything else!

Please tell me how to get that as I need to put in my Kontera Client ID in my Xisto control panel to start earning! :)

Thanks in advance

No, kontera client id is not your account user name. It is publisher id. Just login to your kontera publisher account at https://publishers.kontera.com/ with your user name and password. Then click on ContentLink Setup tab. A script will be displayed in a text box in that page.

Just note down your publisher id (its just a number) in that text box and enter it at Xisto in Kontera Client ID field. Thats it.

Edited by xpress (see edit history)

This 6 month issue is a concern. As others have suggested, though, let's wait to hear from Kontera about the validity of the data. Since I have joined, I have been keeping track of the Kontera earnings in a spreadsheet which I update once per month.I'll have to check to see how close I am getting to the $100 payout. Last I checked, it was around $85 so should be getting a payout soon, I hope.*edit*$98.27 as of Nov 27th, so I should be hitting the payout early next month... I hope. But that is only if the earnings go back to the beginning.If it is only for the last 6 months, I'm out of luck. :)I'll keep you posted about this as it develops.

I have stopped using Kontera for a while. Likewise, I have, it is not tracking my website for a while, even thou I am sure there will be a few clicks in the span of months. However, it just reported 0. Switched to Google ads instead.

Here is the thing I been keeping tabs on my Kontera account and I had contacted them about a couple of months ago asking for the current balance. I should be getting a check very soon as I was a few dollars shy of my payout. Even though the data only goes back six month your still earning money and you won't lose it and so to find out your current balance just contact Kontera and they will give you a current balance.

I have stopped using Kontera for a while. Likewise, I have, it is not tracking my website for a while, even thou I am sure there will be a few clicks in the span of months. However, it just reported 0. Switched to Google ads instead.

I was also looking to join google adsense but they had never accepted my request. So now I am with kontera...just signed up yesterday.....hopefully it will be a good experience!So guys, I have got a query for you. Can I use both google ads and kontera ads on my site, I mean on same page of my site.... only if google approved my request?

Can I use both google ads and kontera ads on my site, I mean on same page of my site.... only if google approved my request?

Yes, you can use both google Adsense and kontera ads on a same page. They both work differently..

Can I use both google ads and kontera ads on my site, I mean on same page of my site.... only if google approved my request?

Yes you can run Kontera along with google adsense. Kontera is in-text version of ads while google adsense has contextual ads.I have seen better revenue from Infolinks in comparison to kontera. and besides that you'll also have count for how much you've earned unlike kontera. Infolinks and tribal fusion have similar ad layout.Infolinks ads are also less annoying and looks good. You can run google adsense and infolinks on same site. There is no restriction from google about this.