xisto Community
Ash-Bash

Litesh.net

Hello member of Xisto,I have started off a web hosting website along with a friend.The name is Litesh, We provide cheap web hosting, along with Post to host web hosting & in the future Post to host game servers.We have started off about 1 week ago we now have all systems up and running our server down time will be minimal. We will not be beaten on prices as we have many sales on at this current time.Litesh.netPlease review honestly. Many thanks,Ash

Edited by Ash-Bash (see edit history)

Hi Ash!I would suggest you get a .com domain as well because a lot of people expect to see a http://www.company-name-here.com/rg-erdr.php?_rpo=t. That, plus the ability to type in the company name into the browser address bar and to push Ctrl and Enter to go to the dot-com URL (with a "/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi; prefix) of the domain name.Also, I've noticed that the content for the "Who We Are" page hasn't been filled in yet.Just out of curiosity, are you running this website off the Xisto - Web Hosting servers?

Thanks for the suggestion Nitin, We are on the way of getting a .com & .co.uk domain all leading to litesh.net. We are getting rid of the other pages as we speak as we don't really need them and a topic on Who we are will be posted on the forums. We are not hosting this on Xisto - Web Hosting, Xisto - Web Hosting (xisto) are a rip off for reseller accounts which is why we are hosting it on a private host.Thanks for the suggestion & feedback.

FouGilang, I did say in the topic once we get more active and lots of customers in the FUTURE we will get Post to Host Game servers. Please read the topic carefully next time.

FouGilang, I did say in the topic once we get more active and lots of customers in the FUTURE we will get Post to Host Game servers. Please read the topic carefully next time.

er... okay, sorry fot that. but which topic do you mean? you didn't said "future" in your post here :o

Hello member of Xisto,

I have started off a web hosting website along with a friend.

The name is Litesh, We provide cheap web hosting, along with Post to host web hosting & in the feature Post to host game servers.

We have started off about 1 week ago we now have all systems up and running our server down time will be minimal.

We will not be beaten on prices as we have many sales on at this current time.

Litesh.net

Please review honestly.

Many thanks,

Ash

---edited---

ah, i see. you typed "future" to "feature"

sorry for not noticing for some second ago :)

Edited by FouGilang (see edit history)

Ash, why is Andrew not posting this, he owns it. He says LiteSpeedHosting has been around for 5 years.. :) (I laugh at him).. What next, honestly, will he say next he owns Trap? I hate to break it to you both, but that "host" will never get popular like good ole Trap! :o

Well Sky, This host has not been around that long, Xisto has been around almost 5 years now and is starting to die because of the inactive members. I am sure we will catch up with Xisto in no time. Watch this space is all I can say to you.

maybe you need to spell FUTURE correctly so that you don't have to explain to people to read the topic more carefully. the way you wrote it was that it was going to be a feature of your website.

i think your site needs a lot of work. i think the hosting packages need to be revamped as well. but it's a new site and that is to be expected. you also don't have anything under services when you click on it except for the word services. your terms of service are semi unprofessionally written and somewhat funny when reading some of the contradictions in it.

the forums are new. two members(admins only for now) but i believe can grow in time. the forum looks good but needs some touchups with the topics and the titles. i also think you should put some thought in to having more to start with. i suggest teaming up with a domain registrar to offer domain name services to make it easier for your clients to set up their hosting accounts

my overall opinion is that there hasn't been too much thought placed in the overall business aspects and practices and this will be your demise if you don't start revamping quickly. you are starting a business and you have to have a professionally written business plan to impliment it effectively. some people can survive without one but will be terribly disorganized when starting out which can lead to a lot of unforeseen complications

i do like the effort i have seen that went in to the preperation and implimentation despite my negative critisisms.....but so far, the whole site doesn't get me to want to post to host there. it should stand out and it should offer some uniqueness that other fly by night companies don't have. you're seems to blend in with all the rest so i also suggest a little more creativity

i am all for a .com name and not a .net for obvious reasons. if your going to park any domains, park your .net pointing to a .com. try litespeedhost.com(which wont be available for too much longer now that i posted it publically) at least try to have a keyword or two in your domain name for seo purposes later on. personally, i don't even like the name litesh.

stick with it, be patient, and don't get your heads down for any reason.

btw- your biggest problem lies ahead in getting visitors to your site so proper advertising will be required here and that will definately not be easy.

Again, I agree with you anwii. :) (Ooo, you have impressed me. :o)Ash, seriously, LiteSH.NET has been around for like...2 months, 3 months or so?? Still, it has no signups at all. I seriously doubt you'd catch up with Xisto with it's amazing 700+ GUESTS per day. Alright, perhaps, maybe if YOU Ash was the owner of LiteSH and was the actual manager instead of Andrew LSH would get somewhere, as Andrew has not the slightest idea what he's doing when it comes to web development, you know, with the template ripping and change of copyrights he does, then says he made it..quite obvious.To be honest, I don't really have much to say about this, exept for the fact that, if you think Trap is dying and you hate it so much, then use LSH as your host. Why not cancel your "itneed" domain that always runs on a pirated version of Invision Power Board 2.3x and 3.0.

i am now a little bit disturbed that he not only has to put down trap in his posts on this thread, but he claims he can outperform trap in 2 years. first of all, you couldn't get the visitors trap gets in two years time. i mean, come on....an average of 500 visitors at any given time of day? your wet dreams couldn't even help you there.xisto has terrible reseller plans? they may not be the best, but they definately aren't the worst and those comments have no business being a part of your topic to review your site.trap is going downhill? the first two years is the hardest. trap survived it. you underestimate opaques dedication and what it REALLY takes to make something like Xisto work. a bit of advice....because i AM disturbed at the derogatory comments made towards trap and xisto. it's not wise to post certain things publically when you are trying to get your business off the ground. there are a lot of loyal users here. don't upset them because one of them may just have enough time on their hands to make sure your business fails....and believe me, i will have no regrets creating a site against litesh.net that i can probably list faster in the google index than the site you are going to try and promote. it's not even indexed yet btw. believe me, i know all the seo tricks to get my site listed above yoursalso, type in litesh.net. tell me what you see. you see the trap threads. you are already giving your site a bad name and you don't even know it because you're being foolish. so my advice to you is to smarten up.

Yeah i agree with everything Anwii said, you really need to have a look at the problems he has brought up. I'd suggest going to a lawyer to get your "terms of agreement" written up for you. If you don't do this it could lead you to failure and possible financial implications in the future....You've got to really grasp that your current level of confidence isn't the only thing necessary to accomplish business success. There is always unforeseen hard work involved where you cant or should not take any shortcuts. You should already know that 80% of start up businesses fail, what are you going to do ensure your not in that group?I hope you have already constructed your business plan, this shouldn't be thought of as redundant paper work, but a plan to read and follow throughout the course of business operations. I hope you do succeed, but i question if you are prepared enough... You should realize the "full depth" of research involved in kicking of a business, have you thought of what will happen if someone tried to take your business name? have you adequately covered yourself with already?Do you have business insurance? and a mentor to help guide you?You really need to look at these if you are to succeed, what you must also know is even if you do offer the best service there is a certain element of "luck" that is needed. You need to be lucky to get good success, you give people what they want at the right "time".Any way hope you do well, you might need to just take a deeper look at some things. :)

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

Sky it is not, The domain & hosting have though nothing has been published on the web page nor effort. Well I will have to give him advice its his choice if he takes it in or not. Well we will see once we get advertising & submitting :).

I agree with all users and their posts.This is what i think.For starting real hosting you need team,and two friends can't beat Xisto's team.You need to have own servers,and you need to pay your team.Starting hosting is real work,and that is not a hobby or something,that is profession.You need to take care about servers,and you need to pay for banners and ads.Ash you are serious member i can see,and i like everything but you need to work hard to make it.Just for a little website like mine,you need to work 2hrs/day,but for hosting...Erm,that would be 6hrs/day.Still this is good idea,but real hosts should not use free scripts.If you buy one,that would be cool,but i think you could program one script very simple.If you have some friend,or guy you know it which works with hosting and it menagement,he can help you.I can see for now this site is just an array of empty .html pages :)

I just checked the whois for litesh and found some information like here. It is not hosted on it's own and it is with impliweb hosting reseller account. (I'm not sure whether you guys are hosted on dedicated/shared etc).But i suggest it is better to get your own server or VPS account if you wish to have better hosting and people around your forum And when i searched the order page i found that you guys are using Thehosting tool for the hosting billing and management. Which in my opinion not a professional tool if you wish to expand your business. You may want to try the software called whmservice for billing purpose. And if you know that xisto uses professional software like kayko for support/whm for billing and management. So use of free tools for professional hosting will limit you in terms of features. If you want affordable billing then try ipanel, you'll get more features for hosting management and billing.

The way you proceeded is same as many people who are starting with reseller hosting these days. I have seen many people from hostwoot,meekhost and hostcell.net are reselling and overselling to their users. ytechsupportforum also started same way and many people later learned that it was overselling.These hosts are succeeding to some extent to pull users and visitors by offering large space and BW but if you want to build forum traffic and earn from it like xisto then you have to be patient and it will take more than 2 years.

I don't want to discourage you but i want to tell you that your service is same like those overselling post2host resellers. This is not the way Xisto started. They approached professionally as far as i know. In any case, you being competitor to xisto changes nothing between you and members here. I'm available for help if you need any, just open thread and i'll try and help if i can.