xisto Community
football123213

Ipod Vs Mp3 Is Ipod good compared to other Mp3 players ?

What one do you have or want or think is beter  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The iPod is a MP3 player... :D

Tech Specs from the Apple iPod site:

"Audio formats supported: AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 (32 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible, AIFF, Apple Lossless and WAV"

yes the iPod is MP3 player in the beginning. but now it can store pictures as digital photo album. its not like mostly mp3 players that using eeprom upto 1GB, iPod using harddisk upto 60GB. so the capasity is so higher than others.the other competitor is creative with CMP - compact media player, that can store pictures as well.

I have a 40 gig iPod which cost $300 (ouch), but I don't EVER regret buying it. I've got over 75 albums (most of them I own on CD) on it, and I can use it as an external hard disk. Photos CAN be stored on it, but not viewed. One nice feature is the ability to store and view small text files, so you can put in reminders or even lyrics. The battery lasts up to 12 hours (though it seems less sometimes), and I've got over 1500 songs on it. The software I use with it, iTunes, is awesome. It's got customisable playlists, shuffle, radio, and equaliser settings. My only gripe is this (and this applies to almost every mp3 player I've used): no seamless playback. You have a live recording on CD, and you rip it to the player. Well, even with no 2-second pause like some CDs have, there's always those gaps in between tracks, no matter what. The only format that's bypassed that limitation is Sony's OpenMG format, also known as ATRAC3(plus), which is pretty crappy anyway.Which brings me to my next point. Another nice little player is the Sony NetMD Walkman. It's a little more pricey, but NICE. It's small, sleek, fast, and smart. Although I have to gripe about their SonicStage software. I don't know how to work it very well....I also have some advice for you: Stay away from RCA/Thompson's LYRA player!! It is a HORRIBLE abomination of technology that should be exorcised and burned at the stake! It freezes A LOT, has poor battery life, and loads extremely slow. Bad, bad RCA. No cookie for you.

No wonder everyone in america has an ipod, they're so godamn cheap, 40gig for only 300? In holland a 20gig is 329euro and 40gig is 400euro+ - it's a rip and everybodyknows it. An american friend of mine even said so. ohh well, i have zen touch and thats fine with me.

i've got a 30gb Creative Nomad Zen Xtra. i compared this thing to my freinds Ipod 40gb. his Ipod was a bit smaller than fine and had a few more features, but due to the pain in the *bottom* navigation, my MP3 player > all, 'cept the 40\60gb Zen Xtra's :D

i just dont like ipods cause they seem too much like a fad to me, its like one day everyone has one and says they are so cool, eventhough they've been out for awhile...i bet its thanks to some new marketing manager at mac corp... :D

THe iPod is the best MP3 player ever because it goes beyond MP3 player and into zip drive, voice recorder (if you get a mic), and a color screen in the photo version. Then there's games, an address book, a calander--it's like a PDA! The iPod was the first and it is the best!

I too plan to get an Ipod.. btw what do u think ? Ipod Mini or Ipod 20/40 GB. which one wud u prefer and why? Ipod mini : smaller, 4GB, 8 hrs playtimeIpod : a little larger in size with 20/40 GB with 12 hrs playtime...The extra features for 50 bucks more...

It is definitely worth the extra 50. 4GB can be nothing if you love music as much as I do. I mean, my 20 GB iPod is almost completely full! I ripped all the CDs I own to it at 128kb and then some, and it's got maybe 1.5GB left. So much music at my fingertips. I love it.

I don't listen to a huge amount of music to be honest, so i don't need all the space of an Ipod. I love the smooth sleek look of an mp3 player that fits right into my pocket. ;)