xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
contactskn

Do You Know Something About "nas Tarang".

Dear friends today I would like to explain something about "Nas Tarang". Its a musical instrument which is a rare one. If I am not wrong only some musicians are there who are using this instrument. Moreover its very tough and stressfull to use it. Its operated by the difference in the pressure and stress in the Veins on the Neck of the player. I think you people are really amazed to here that but its really true. See it your self and please give your comments about it.

Nas Tarang

The name of the instrumentalist playing Nas Tarang in this video is Mr. Mani Ram Pathrod.

Edited by contactskn (see edit history)

It certainly is a unique instrument. I can't even understand how it is played. It looks like he isn't doing anything, yet music comes out. Are you sure he's not humming into it or something? Operating by pressure in veins doesn't make sense to me. I don't understand how it's possible? It's amazing that he can make sound come out of it at all. I don't think it's an instrument that I would want to play however. It looks stressful and uncomfortable. I can't find a single thing on Google about the Nas Tarang to satisfy my curiosity about it. It must be extremely rare or there's a different spelling for it.

Edited by rob86 (see edit history)

It certainly is a unique instrument. I can't even understand how it is played. It looks like he isn't doing anything, yet music comes out. Are you sure he's not humming into it or something? Operating by pressure in veins doesn't make sense to me. I don't understand how it's possible? It's amazing that he can make sound come out of it at all. I don't think it's an instrument that I would want to play however. It looks stressful and uncomfortable.
I can't find a single thing on Google about the Nas Tarang to satisfy my curiosity about it. It must be extremely rare or there's a different spelling for it.

Dear friend you are very correct in saying its a stressful and rare instrument, yes it is and that is why in this whole locality only he is the player left for this instrument, if I am not wrong, continuously playing this instrument also causes some health related problems also. Even I have met this person but he is saying that he only is remaining who is there to play this instrument and there is no one after him to follow his tradition. By the way if you want more information about this instrument then please post here I will try to collect it for my Xisto friends. Thanks.  

Yeah the first thing i did after watching the video, was try to Google "Nas Tarang" with no success. Are you sure the guy is truthful about how he operates the instrument? I guess he would be. If you could get some information Contactskn i'd also like to see it!, Thank you.

Edited by rvalkass (see edit history)

After searching for hours on google I could not find any article or video of this instrument. My uncle used to play this instrument but because of his age and health he is not playing it any more. :(I would really like to know if some body else are playing this musical instrument. Also can you share any video you have on Nas tarang.