xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Soviet Rathe

Attention To Anyone Who Has Visited My Site! I forgot the golden rule

Yup, That's right! I forgot the golden rule :o I forgot to test my site in Internet Explorer and anyone who was using that browser was looking at pure crap to be honest.My images were PNG files and IE doesn't render transparency with PNGS so everyone was seeing a white block in IE :Dit's fixed now. I edited the backgrounds in Photoshop and it's all good now http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
the site is not finished yet. I just thought I should tell you why it looked that way because I been seeing guests on it :)

Lol. Never used internet explorer before and after reading this one, but thanks for the info that it doesn't render png files transparency. I should re-consider using transparency in my sites :)

lol naughty naughty not to worry been there did that myself. its all part of the web game. I feel sure there is not one person here that has not done that at some point. I know I have and am man enough to admit it

Soviet, swell forum there mate. I do hope it goes well. However, there is an issue in your Shoutbox. Clicking on the members names (that goes to their profile) ends with "/#", in which directs to your Board Index since IPB does not recognise it. You should find the reason to why it is doing this and fix it. :)-Sky.

Soviet, swell forum there mate. I do hope it goes well. However, there is an issue in your Shoutbox. Clicking on the members names (that goes to their profile) ends with "/#", in which directs to your Board Index since IPB does not recognise it. You should find the reason to why it is doing this and fix it. :)-Sky.

That's how it's supposed to be :D
if your logged in and you click a members name in the shout box it opens a tab in side the shout box so you can send private shouts :o

Ahh, I see. However, you could edit the skin template for the shoutbox to remove the links from members names when viewing as a guest. :) Otherwise visitors will think that it's a little buggy. :o

i haven't. maybe people should be dedicated to their work to research some things before they publish their website.

lol naughty naughty not to worry been there did that myself. its all part of the web game. I feel sure there is not one person here that has not done that at some point. I know I have and am man enough to admit it

To avoid that problem only I am testing my webpages in all the browsers installed in my computer specially Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Opera. And being satisfied with the looks and visibility in all these browsers only I am used to upload these files to the server. Because I faced this critical problem when I made my first professional site for my customer and the whole site was tested in Internet Explorer only after that one of my friend who was residing in Kuwait rang me to tell about the bad looks about the site then only I understood about this problem. From that day itself I am used to test my web pages in all the browsers so that such conditions should be got rid off.?

I like your design,but a little bit smaller buttons would be the best.You still do not have lots of visitors but your shoutbox is full :D I think you are viewing your page only in IE now,and you forgot to change your favicon :o If IE doesn't support favicons that doesn't mean that you should stay with Trap's logo.Anyway good design,and everything is OK...Try to clean your shoutbox a little,there are noobs and losers :) You can change your font's color if you have time to make it better for reading,because i need to higlight all the text to see the form for Free lockerz invites.By the way,i am using Opera (i hate Opera,but Firefox doesn't work on this comp :D )

personally, i don't like anything about your site. you're whole site is trying to promote "lockerz" indirectly.well....you will soon find out that your intention will not work in the idea you created.tell me something new for your site or forever lose me as a visitor!

Well, the only thing you can do to resolve problems with IE explorer is to add a special css style sheet and an if conditional statement. I and most of webmasters hate I explorer, but most of the simple people use it, because of the popularity windows has, and that Internet Explorer comes as pre-installed in this package.

personally, i don't like anything about your site. you're whole site is trying to promote "lockerz" indirectly.

well....you will soon find out that your intention will not work in the idea you created.

tell me something new for your site or forever lose me as a visitor!

:)

Lockerz is just something I felt like putting on it! I didn't intent to revolve it around it!

the site is for a community and soon I will have a business set up on it where I will design websites for people

basically I made this site to be my online business :/

You can change your font's color if you have time to make it better for reading,because i need to higlight all the text to see the form for Free lockerz invites.By the way,i am using Opera (i hate Opera,but Firefox doesn't work on this comp :o )

hmmmm that's weird.. because this is what I see

Posted Image