xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

How Is "yes Man"?

In my town English movies release once in a blue moon (:)) so I usually stock up on DVDs whenever I visit the city. This time I'm interested in getting Jim Carrey's "Yes Man". Based on online reviews it seems good, although the story bears a resemblance to Carrey's earlier movie Liar Liar (in that he couldn't lie to anyone and here he can't say "No" to anyone!). Would you recommend this movie as a "must-watch", or at least as a casual entertainer? If so, I'll get it ASAP...

I'd recommend it as a casual entertainer, a "much watch" or whatever you would want to call it, the movie is excellent! I was a little dubious before watching it, much like yourself i thought it would be a Liar Liar knock off. Though i was happy to discover it is very original and made me laugh a lot more than Liar Liar. Its got a New Zealand banker character in it, i found him to be very funny (the actor gives off a great brand of humor). I have watched it twice in the last 3 months, for me thats very good and highly irregular!It definitely ranks in my "top 20 funny movies" i have seen thus far. You should get it!

Wow thanks for the quick review - I'm glad to know it's an original script and not just a spin-off from the earlier movie. Since it's a Jim Carrey movie I would have watched it once at least anyway but thought it might be good to know the "public" opinion first :)

I watched this movie on a flight and I enjoyed it. Before watching the movie, I had already thought about the concept of accepting every single thing in life coming my way and accepting or Saying YES to it with whole heart. So it was fun watching this movie.

good movie and interesting concept. i wouldn't compare it to liar liar although liar liar was a good movie too.

one of the reasons i liked it was because it gives you the ability to take time out and think about your own personal life and the consequences to the choices you make and the road it leads down.

I've seen this before and it is a good movie. I would recommend anything by Jim Carry.

It's nice to know about a movie ahead of time.I was thinking of getting Yes Man. I think I will now. The last thing I need to know is this: is the acting good? Because crappy acting can ruin an otherwise amazing movie. I'm really into acting, and I love it.

The actors are really great in my opinion, but then again you might have to check it out for yourself because i don't know anything about the art of acting. Maybe someone else can offer a better opinion...

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

I think it's crap to be honest..It's so far strectched from reality..but then again I'm biased..I just don't like movies like these where the main character just somehow ends up with a good life magically..It's just so unreal

most movies end where the good guy comes out on top. i guess you just don't like movies in general then.

there is a reason why a lot of people call them shows....not movies...because that's all they are. shows. they are entertainment.

i just watched all 6 star wars episodes. can't like one of the biggest blockbusters in history either. or any other science fiction because they aren't realistic either. i mean....space crafts and life on other planets. what a joke!

I think it's crap to be honest..It's so far strectched from reality..but then again I'm biased..I just don't like movies like these where the main character just somehow ends up with a good life magically..It's just so unreal

Yes! I finally got to see this movie and I'm glad to say that all of you are right - it's really good :P Of course it does get a bit unrealistic at times but you've got to overlook some things while watching a movie and once I did that, I found that it was a really good watch. Thanks for the review everyone!