xisto Community
Anvilpinata

About The 1.95 A Month Hosting

cpanel, fantastico and softaculous, a service like fantastico, but with many more packages to select from and also having more recent versions so you do not need to upgrade a newly installed package to get the newer version with the more recent security patches/fixes. I highly recommend using softaculous instead of fantastico for that reason alone.

cpanel, fantastico and softaculous, a service like fantastico, but with many more packages to select from and also having more recent versions so you do not need to upgrade a newly installed package to get the newer version with the more recent security patches/fixes.

I highly recommend using softaculous instead of fantastico for that reason alone.

Um...the name is actually Softaculous :) And yes, the packages in it are more in number and newer when compared to Fantastico, and some packages on Softaculous take up lesser space than what Fantastico does.

where is this softaculous in the cpanel? i don't see anything but fantastico. is it supposed to be in the software/services section? i checked and double checked and it seems as though i don't have it.

where is this softaculous in the cpanel? i don't see anything but fantastico. is it supposed to be in the software/services section? i checked and double checked and it seems as though i don't have it.

yah. same.

But yes, the Logic package mostly comes with the same features. the more expensive packages just have more BW/Disc space and a few more features

The $6.66 per month is a really cool one - it has lots of bandwidth, space and allows 100 add-on/sub/parked domains! Now compare that with the 5 which the Logic package offers...

according to this screenie from my cpanel, the softaculous link is right besdie fantastico.

post-9787-1259028051_thumb.png

hmmm...maybe that is for the web packeage 6.66 or higher and not the 1.99 ones? ya think? :) i sprang for the cheapie. now i am really curious what is in there. i didn't even read anything about in any web hosting feqatures. they always mention fantastico though. i want it durnit!!!

according to this screenie from my cpanel, the softaculous link is right besdie fantastico.

hmmm...maybe that is for the web packeage 6.66 or higher and not the 1.99 ones? ya think? smile.gif i sprang for the cheapie. now i am really curious what is in there. i didn't even read anything about in any web hosting feqatures. they always mention fantastico though. i want it durnit!!!

No, softaculous is available for the $1.95 plan too - I used it until 2 months ago when I upgraded to the $6.66 plan. The latter has the same features as the $1.95 and the extra features are in terms of bandwidth, disk space, and number of addon/paeked/sub-domains as I said before. There are other features that not many members need (eg. Shell Access, JSP etc)

Softaculous is available only for accounts hosted on GAMMA server (mainly Xisto accounts). I was testing it back then but reading your reviews, I feel its all ready to go online on other servers as well.

well that explains it! hey! you have negative mycents!

pretty sure he doesn't need the mycents. He isn't here for the Hosting. :)

pretty sure he doesn't need the mycents. He isn't here for the Hosting. :o

Have you seen his site? It has a really cool member called "TheDisturbedOne". :)

My host is on Gamma and I have Softaculous.. I didn't really know what it was until now Lol!

Very good to have if you are new to websites. I usually do manual installs though.