xisto Community
-Sky-

Xisto Support Team

I do my best to keep a watch over threads which require my attention. And I enjoy answering them :-) There are also times when I slack off (work work..) and Jim or BuffaloHelp ping me on my e-mail to read those topics :-)And also like Simpleton mentioned, mojority of the support tickets do not mention all the details clearly. So it takes time to solve them eventually by researching & understanding them.

I do my best to keep a watch over threads which require my attention. And I enjoy answering them :-) There are also times when I slack off (work work..) and Jim or BuffaloHelp ping me on my e-mail to read those topics :-)

Well I know you do a lot of stuff in the background and you're really lucky to have an excellent team at your disposal :) All this works out really good for us members

Opaque, is it possible for you or any other support team to update to Knowledge base of Xisto - Web Hosting ?. I mean we answer so many threads here with same type of queries and everytime the answer is almost same. So it will be better if we add more questions to knowledgebase. If you want me and some other member can come up with some FAQ and send you the questions and answers. You can update the knowledgebase. I think from knowledgebase of xistosuppoprt site is very good source of information and there is already some useful information there. Not sure what other people here thinks about this but i think few will come up with some questions and answers to contribute to the knowledgebase.Just let us know if it is possible to update the Xisto - Support knowledgebase.

Not sure what other people here thinks about this but i think few will come up with some questions and answers to contribute to the knowledgebase.Just let us know if it is possible to update the Xisto - Support knowledgebase.

I'll be ready to volunteer for something like that for sure, but do many members actually use the Knowledge base? I can't speak for everyone but I think most people use the xisto site only to manage their products/services. Even for support most people come to the forums first and only then they go to submit a ticket :) I suggested earlier that we open threads in the forum itself about this matter and this knowledge base idea is a good one too, and doing both would be ideal!

I'll be ready to volunteer for something like that for sure, but do many members actually use the Knowledge base? I can't speak for everyone but I think most people use the xisto site only to manage their products/services. Even for support most people come to the forums first and only then they go to submit a ticket smile.gif I suggested earlier that we open threads in the forum itself about this matter and this knowledge base idea is a good one too, and doing both would be ideal!

Knowledge base is perfect solution when you encounter some problem and want to solve it by looking up to some FAQ. Now that knowledgebase can solve this problem even for experienced people. I used it whenever i forget about nameserver and some other details. I even link to the pages of knowledgebase when some newbie asks similar question. Besides that if knowledgebase is filled with typical question from forums. Then we can easily link to it while discussing about it on forum or shoutbox(i know shoutbox linking is not allowed but atleast we can ask people to go over knowledgebase).

Solving the same old problems and tons of duplicate thread with same question twisted for the sake of mycent is just filling the forum with repeated content and it gives no benefit. If knowledgebase is added with some content then i think lot of work is done. Besides opening thread about google apps setup is beneficial or worthy to all members ? I mean we answered such queries many times, it's time to make it like FAQ. There are pleny of topic which are repeated and many people here will hardly reply if people just changed the title and asked the same question.So that qualifies for FAQ or knowledgebase.

yuck. those would get annoying, i think i would have to copy and past a standard one liner for those dumb tickets....like...."wish ya luck" -ticket closed

And I'd imagine some that you get are along the lines of "Hello sir. I want a websites. Thanks" :)

yuck. those would get annoying, i think i would have to copy and past a standard one liner for those dumb tickets....like...."wish ya luck" -ticket closed

Lol, you'd be an evil one then. :) Meh, I suppose the amount of support tickets they get it would take time. :/

Like Mahesh and Simpleton mentioned, updating the knowledge base is definitely a good idea. Please send the questions, queries etc. to my PM or Mail and I will add them.Or we can also start a thread here to help members submit questions. :-)

Opaque,
(and others)

I suggest creating a "Knowledge Base Forum" in the Support and Feedback sub-forum?
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/137-support-and-feedback/

The Topic title/description could be the Question and the body of the Topic could be the Answer.
Like the Webdesign Forum, the Topics could be set as requiring approval by a Moderator.
Moderators could review the Topic, test the answer given, (or confirm the answer at least), then make the Topic visible to the masses.
This would reduce the potential for incorrect information, etc. it would also provide a proving ground for the information that could be placed up on the Xisto Knowledge base.

Might work???

Opaque, (and others)

I suggest creating a "Knowledge Base Forum" in the Support and Feedback sub-forum?
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/137-support-and-feedback/

The Topic title/description could be the Question and the body of the Topic could be the Answer.
Like the Webdesign Forum, the Topics could be set as requiring approval by a Moderator.
Moderators could review the Topic, test the answer given, (or confirm the answer at least), then make the Topic visible to the masses.
This would reduce the potential for incorrect information, etc. it would also provide a proving ground for the information that could be placed up on the Xisto Knowledge base.

Might work???

Good call JL Good call, now I know why you da man.. another idea here though. maybe have a mod here as much as possible that could take the simple help questions and answer them so no ticket would be needed. I know there have been a few times that I have had to send in one, and I felt kind of silly because it would be something so simple even after I got the reply I had to slap my head silly.

Great idea haslip! However, it would be more logical to actually make a group called "KnowledgeBase Team" (this idea is up to you OpaQue) though I really do like the idea. We could make a select group of "KnowledgeBase" team members who manage the moderation of the KnowledgeBase forum. (obviously would not take over Moderators etc) but I think this could be a swell opportunity for those Advanced forum members (like myself and others) to take responsibilities to maintain this area.I'd really like to know comments for this idea. :)

Hi!I've had to get support from Xisto once and that was pretty quick. I think Opaque's explanation that more support staff does not equal quicker service is well founded. I can imagine that it would be the equivalent of having an automated reply to every support ticket that said, "We've received your support and are passing it on to level 2" :-PThe idea of having a knowledge base sounds good, though I wouldn't recommend using the forums for a knowledge base. If somebody posted an article and somebody else wanted to make modifications, that simply wouldn't be possible unless everybody had moderator access to the forum... and then things would get messy. Perhaps a separate system can be maintained for the knowledge base?

Hmm, thinking about what you have just described there k_nitin, I must agree. However we do have a KnowledgeBase here. I am making a simple thread about it now.

This thread I am making is going to be big. :)