xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
anwiii

Hey- Big O do you remember this thread?

I don't know how i stumbled upon this thread. i really don't but i thought it was entertaining how Xisto got it's original members to advertise for this site.

i was going to post in the thread and bump it up but the topic is closed....thus....can't reply.....but here's the link....

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/194-get-25-posts-for-free-easily-make-up-10-posts/

i got a kick outta it. if you read closely, it's actually quite funny in some parts too when getting in the mind of opaque and some other members during that time

Wow what an amazing offer! :) A lot of members would gladly do it for free today, but I guess in those starting days offers like these were the only way to get things done! Good find, this one...

Yeah pretty interesting, I'm wondering if Opaque has been surprised by how far his creation has grown since that time? Must do. Some of those members didn't seem too appreciative, must have been of a mindset that this was an unsustainable fad at the time. Though it has stood the test of time, which of course is really great!

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

Haha, I remember that post. I was desperate to flood members in my forum. Thanks to all, we are now in the top 2000 websites in the world by Alexa. Our ranking as of now is 1,696.

More information can be found here : http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/xisto.com

Please feel free to post your generous reviews at Alexa. We got 0 :)

@OpaQue: yeah any admin will try to increase traffic in the early days and such schemes are really innovative and I'm glad it worked out so beautifully. I'll put up a review on Alexa soon enough. We do need a lot of reviews!

Ok, we got our first review that deserves a faint smile me thinks. :) Anyone else care to contribute their bit? we need a full smile!Anyway, Opaque do i get a quadzillion billion posts now? :o

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

hey, you shouldn't have to tell members to post about that stuff....remember???? :o

Please feel free to post your generous reviews at Alexa. We got 0 :)

i decided to drop by alexa and create a user acount a few weeks ago. i added a review. i try to advertsie this place when it's convenient. i suggest everybody do the same and even take some time out and post a review on alexa. not only are you supporting a good website by doing it for anyone who uses the search for hosting on alexa, the more reviews there are, the better the chances those reviews can pop up on the search engines which means more traffic and members for trap. i waited a while to post my review and was surprised that i only saw one other one when i was there....but then, opaque hasn't made a review yet either for his own site :P

there are some things that people should take responsibility for their own selves though. if you like this place and want to see it grow, advertise it a little. opaque can only do so much. you may think he's a god :P but he is still only one person....and personally, i would like to see some moderators take some initiative outside this forum as well....would be a good break in supporting this place other than deleting and editing posts :D

ok- i said my piece....

hey, you shouldn't have to tell members to post about that stuff....remember???? :D