xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

How Can I Fight Off Internet Addiction?

M8, i dont think your addicted!
An addiction is where you absolutely can't stop yourself from the action, day to day. But for you it sounds like you know your wasting your time a bit, you probably could do something else, but you find it pleasurable to browse and discover the Internet, for which you find your time quickly slips by unnoticed.

Thats kinda like how i get with computer games. Although I'd be just as happy to go rough water kayaking, or going to the pub for a couple of quiet ones. It looks like you've found a very cheap and easily accessible activity and its for that reason you seem to gravitate towards it, but if you could do something exciting, that would probably grab you more.

You sound like me, your BORED.

Well maybe you're right - maybe it's less of an addiction and more of a....well I don't know what else to call it :) I'm just happy that day-by-day I'm learning to avoid/control it.

Its kinda tough ? If you get to know some working ways do share it with me , i am also looking for the same. Just now i got to know that how much i am addicted to the internet . For the past 1 month i dont have access to internet and i cannot be patient . So recently i took hold of some open wi fi connections and i use them . I am planning to get wireless internet in another 2 weeks so that i can keep posting in Xisto oopsss sorry in Xisto ;) .. i just missed my internet sooo much that i even went stealing :P :P i know its bad, still i went using my neighbours wi fi connection :D But on the other hand i dont wanna get away from internet too , i really love it soo much that i wont complain that i am addicted to it.

lol... I think if I knew how to stop internet addiction I wouldn't be here right now.But I can sympathize with you. I spend way too much time on the computer. If it was all - or even mostly productive time, I wouldn't care so much, but I spend so much time doing things that I could probably be better off avoiding. I think my problem is that there's always "something" that I could be doing online. Because the places to visit and things to read are endless... it keeps me going without ever finding a finishing spot. I wish I could meet the day when I can just say, "Wow! I've finished it all! I've made it to the end of the Internet!" But because no matter what I do, there's always more, so I can't feel finished. It's a never ending cycle ;)I think I really need to take some of your advice posted here, and hopefully get a little more of a life haha. But that can wait. I have more things I need to get done online :P