xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

Meet The World's Fastest Car

JCD Diesel Max Pic

This car, built purely with the intention to break the speed record, can reportedly touch a speed of 563 kmph! That's pretty awesome but where can we get to try out all that speed?!!! There are very few places in the world where you can have a chance of driving at that speeds!

By the fastest car you mean the fastest petrol or diesel engine based vehicle?. Check out the ThrustSSC, a turbo fan engined based vehicle and the current land speed holder at 763.035 Mph or 1227.986 kmh -

https://s.yimg.com/pw/images/photo_unavailable.gif

https://plus.maths.org/issue52/interview/thrust_view.jpg

Here is a wikipedia page including details on the subject its interesting!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_speed_record

There are more projects underway to try to further break the record, here is an picture of the "North American eagle" an example of one such project -

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

By the fastest car you mean the fastest petrol or diesel engine based vehicle?. Check out the ThrustSSC, a turbo fan engined based vehicle and the current land speed holder at 763.035 Mph or 1227.986 kmh -

wow I didn't know about that! Then these newspaper folks should do their research before declaring this one as the fastest car in the world! That vehicle you mentioned looks more like an airplane - so it's surprising that it broke the land speed record :)

wow guys those cars are very hot and nice smile.gif hmmare those really the fastest?

Apparently yes - in real life there are no roads on which you can use those cars at such insane speeds daily, but you could always take it for a spin on a race track or something if you get to buy it :)

Imagine the kind of ride you would get, the acceleration? Although you wouldn't have any relative scenery to notice how fast you truly are going, which would be damn fast!

Imagine the kind of ride you would get, the acceleration? Although you wouldn't have any relative scenery to notice how fast you truly are going, which would be damn fast!

Hmm actually in the only places where you can actually reach those speeds, there won't be any scenery at all because they would be isolated places :)

Hey that was what i just said, you were trying to sneak another post in weren't you? :) Bonneville salt flats have always been the place to go for speed testing, although there "are" other places and somewhere in South Australia there is another useful one apparently.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

This car is really very beautiful and I would definitely love to own it someday. It would cost a bomb, no doubt about that, but it's more appealing than a ferrari :) Not many people could boast of owning the world's fastest car and I hope to be one of them someday soon

This car is really very beautiful and I would definitely love to own it someday. It would cost a bomb, no doubt about that, but it's more appealing than a ferrari :P Not many people could boast of owning the world's fastest car and I hope to be one of them someday soon

I've never really seen a purpose for owning an extremely fast vehicle, like a Bugatti Veyron, because speeding over 150 km/h on the highway is not a very logical choice. I did drive to South Carolina once to test drive a few of their newer models. Very cool. That would be the only time you'd really need a car that goes more than 180 km/h..

Well actually you are wrong. This was Driven by Richard Hammond for this test. Now the official rules say you have to do 2 runs He done 1 and a Half. The half was where he crashed. Therefore this cannot be the worlds fastest car.

Edited by Ash-Bash (see edit history)

Yeah, I doubt that any of those cars are going to break the world's land speed record. It was set by a rocket-propelled car on the Bonneville salt flats in America. That car broke the sound barrier, so I doubt that any gasoline/diesel powered vehicle is going to even come close.
Wikipedia says that the current land speed record is

763 miles per hour (1,228 km/h) for the mile (1.6 km)

. So, yeah. There's no way in tarnation that the gas powered vehicle shown above could even come close. What was that, in the 800 km/h range? That's woefully sad.
All this is not counteracted by the fact that I would give up my firstborn child to own either of those cars. I mean, to go that fast? Serious speed, man.