xisto Community
bluedragon

Help With Password Protected File

Hi, I downloaded a rar archive which had "***********http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/; as the filename. I've put up * because my post could be thrashed otherwise :) Anyways, I needed those and I couldn't find it anywhere so I had to download it. now the problem is the archive is locked. So I thought may be OST-Planet.net could be a site and If i register there I could find the password. BUT its not a domain. Can someone suggest what should I do ? Any ideas what the password could be ? P.S. Don't suggest a brute-force attack because I don't know the password length.

Generally people password protect files to keep people from accessing them unless they have the right to. So, generally, if you don't have the password you shouldn't have access to the file's content. Perhaps if you tell us why you need access to this particular file we might be able to help.

If you don't know anything about the password and don't want to use brute forCe, then there's nothing else to do. You just don't deserve the file... :) Where did you get it anyway? Torrent? If you got it from some sites or forums then try to write the download url in google, if you're lucky enough you may be able to find the password writen somewhere

Hey Those were just mp3s rarred together My hard-drive was accidently formatted few years ago. Lost some good music Its just an album Don't know why its rarred and password protected I got it off from Rapidshare went there through a link from ineedfile.com I don't think its a personal file :) Anyways.. Couldn't get the CD for this one so m downloading it Its the OST of the movie 2 fast 2 furious

I am a virtual newbie and bought a membership to rapidshare..But after downloading a file I needed..It has a pw and I have no idea how to find it and I did go to the site of the provider but found nothing relevant for me to use...Can someone help ..Thanks