xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

Are You A Wikipedia Editor?

Wikipedia is nowadays used as a reference tool for almost every subject/topic possible. From general knowledge to film reviews, it has everything. And as you know, all the content has been created by some dedicated editors who spend a lot of time keeping the articles clean and fresh. I once tried my hand at editing/creating a Wikipedia article but since I didn't have much time I didn't quite enjoy the experience. But I do admire the patience of those people who write hundreds of articles and also keep track of them, making sure no one supplies wrong info. Have you written any articles so far on Wikipedia? Could you share your experience here please?

Sometimes i am editing on the macedonian edition and and i hate spammers.On macedonian's wikipedia you are free to edit without registering,and i like that because it saves lots of time.That doesn't say that we have more spam then the english one...You can visit our wikipedia using this url: mk.wikipedia.org I enjoy when my edit is accepted and i do not have some experience but it is good to help some website,specially from my country because we do not have some good websites like Wikipedia.I own only one website but there is no one visiting it,only my family and friends and people want IT.First time i edited article it was removed,because i did not know about references and i wanted to clean all that :) .Now i am not some special writer and i only write in school and on forums.I do not have some time to use it to write on Wikipedia and i do not have time to search for references that all that i had written is true.

I wanted to write articles a lot of them - but whenever I tried to do it I always got held up with the complexity of the site and then I postponed it and never went back :) @TDH : spammers aren't so bad on Wikipedia because I think the editors take care of them really fast! I'm yet to find a spam page on wikipedia - I found a lot of spam on other wikis but not on wikipedia - not yet..

Some people think they own a particular page - once I tried adding additional content to an article and it was removed within an hour! I tried doing it again, this time improving the quality of writing, but it was removed yet again - and after three days the same information appeared, but it was written by someone else - the "owner", maybe! :)