xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
contactskn

Noodles.

Dear friends yesterday I tried and prepared Noodles and the taste was superb. I am not a professional cook or something. But I love to cook new dishes. My brother is a 5 star hotel Chef and I try to learn new dishes from him. I would like to share my experience of preparing Noodles here with my friends. I bought some noodles, salt, chilies, cabbage, Onion, Soya sauce, Chilly sauce etc.

First of all boil some water in a pan . Then put the noodles in the boiling water with some oil (so that the noodles should not stick) in it. After about a 5 minutes take out the noodles and rinse in cold water. It is very necessary to reduce its temperature before cooking. Then in a fry pan take some oil and heat it. Then add some chilies, onion, cabbage etc. with some masala etc. Then when it is ready add the boiled noodles in it. Mix it evenly. Afterwards add some soya sauce and chili sauce according to your taste. Mix it evenly. And that?s it. Its my style of preparing noodles.

Another great trick if you are boiling noodles for an italian dish is to boil some boneless skinless chicken breasts in a large pot of water. Then remove the chicken and add the noodles and a generous amount of salt to the water. Once the noodles are done, strain out the water as normal and you will have the nest tasting noodles you have ever had. :-)

hmmm...i hope people aren't going to waste chicken breast just to make noodles. it may add flavor to the noodles, but what a waste of chicken breast unless you are having chicken with your meal...

me personally, i like spices and have always been a firm believer in oregano. will add color and that extra flaver that will compliment the noodles....adding only AFTER you have boiled them. i also think garlic to any noodle dish is a MUST

Another great trick if you are boiling noodles for an italian dish is to boil some boneless skinless chicken breasts in a large pot of water. Then remove the chicken and add the noodles and a generous amount of salt to the water. Once the noodles are done, strain out the water as normal and you will have the nest tasting noodles you have ever had. :-)

Yes, I also think boiling chicken breast in water to make a broth is probably a waste, especially since boneless and skinless is the least flavorful piece of chicken, with little flavour to come out into the water. The flavour is almost entirely in the bone and skin. Boneless is best used (in my opinion) breaded or cut up in something.. I mean, if you've got chicken meat to spare, go ahead and boil it, it will improve the rice, but it seems like a waste of meat to me. And taking it out to eat with the rice, it would be tasteless! I would fry it up being careful not to over cook it, and then cut it up in the rice.. I think it'd be cheaper and better to just cook the rice in a can of broth, or even just boullion cubes and water then throw in the chicken (if you insist on having meat)contactskn's recipe sounds pretty good, and healthy. I think it's an old myth that oil in water keeps noodles from sticking. If you just dump the excess water out, you're most likely just wasting oil. The oil probably just floats on top waiting to be drained. Just have lots of water, and stir in the first few minutes until it starts boiling and moving around instead of sinking to the bottom. I cook pasta all the time without oil, and it doesn't stick.I have a cooking tip. When you're cooking something that's supposed to be yellow, like rice, or noodles, or chicken soup, and you notice yours isn't quite so visually appealing, put in in some Turmeric. It has a mild (but slightly noticeable and pleasant flavour, however it's main use is to make food yellow. It's commonly used in pickles (not dill pickles, the mustardy kind Grandma used to make..). But be careful, as it doesn't take much and if you put too much in your chicken soup (or whatever) could go from an appetizing yellow tint, to a strange bright glowing fluorescent yellow. Paprika is also a good one for making foods a bit more reddish. I often use it in foods like onion rings or fried battered fish, or even in some crunchy coating for a boneless chicken breast. Be careful with the paprika as well, because it only really turns stuff red when it gets wet and you could easily over do it. Usually people want nicely browned onion rings, or fish, not apple-red.. A lot of people don't consider the importance of a foods appearance, and seeing something look colourful makes the mind think the food is more delicious even if in reality the taste difference is minimal. It's well worth it, considering it's so easy to do.Oregano is a good herb, good on pretty much anything. I grow oregano and some other herbs because I like to use them also. I'm not sure if you grow herbs, anwii, but incase you don't know, in my experience Oregano is one of the easiest, fastest growing herbs. It spreads like a weed, you'd have to eat a lot of oregano to keep up with it and it tastes fresh. I think it grows again every year too.

no. aside from veggies, i always wanted to plant an herb garden. i just have never gotten around to it. maybe i will try my hand at oregeno soon if it grows as fast as you say because i love that stuff and to be honest, i have never tried it fresh. i use paprika on my fried chicken along with other spices. you can't really taste it all that much since you're not supposed to use a lot, but it gives it a nice red finish to the chicken(i don't put it directly on the chicken. i mix it in the flour)

what did this have to do with noodles? i have no idea, but i'm getting hungry!

Yes, I also think boiling chicken breast in water to make a broth is probably a waste, especially since boneless and skinless is the least flavorful piece of chicken, with little flavour to come out into the water. The flavour is almost entirely in the bone and skin. Boneless is best used (in my opinion) breaded or cut up in something.. I mean, if you've got chicken meat to spare, go ahead and boil it, it will improve the rice, but it seems like a waste of meat to me. And taking it out to eat with the rice, it would be tasteless! I would fry it up being careful not to over cook it, and then cut it up in the rice.. I think it'd be cheaper and better to just cook the rice in a can of broth, or even just boullion cubes and water then throw in the chicken (if you insist on having meat)
contactskn's recipe sounds pretty good, and healthy. I think it's an old myth that oil in water keeps noodles from sticking. If you just dump the excess water out, you're most likely just wasting oil. The oil probably just floats on top waiting to be drained. Just have lots of water, and stir in the first few minutes until it starts boiling and moving around instead of sinking to the bottom. I cook pasta all the time without oil, and it doesn't stick.

I have a cooking tip. When you're cooking something that's supposed to be yellow, like rice, or noodles, or chicken soup, and you notice yours isn't quite so visually appealing, put in in some Turmeric. It has a mild (but slightly noticeable and pleasant flavour, however it's main use is to make food yellow. It's commonly used in pickles (not dill pickles, the mustardy kind Grandma used to make..). But be careful, as it doesn't take much and if you put too much in your chicken soup (or whatever) could go from an appetizing yellow tint, to a strange bright glowing fluorescent yellow. Paprika is also a good one for making foods a bit more reddish. I often use it in foods like onion rings or fried battered fish, or even in some crunchy coating for a boneless chicken breast. Be careful with the paprika as well, because it only really turns stuff red when it gets wet and you could easily over do it. Usually people want nicely browned onion rings, or fish, not apple-red.. A lot of people don't consider the importance of a foods appearance, and seeing something look colourful makes the mind think the food is more delicious even if in reality the taste difference is minimal. It's well worth it, considering it's so easy to do.

Oregano is a good herb, good on pretty much anything. I grow oregano and some other herbs because I like to use them also. I'm not sure if you grow herbs, anwii, but incase you don't know, in my experience Oregano is one of the easiest, fastest growing herbs. It spreads like a weed, you'd have to eat a lot of oregano to keep up with it and it tastes fresh. I think it grows again every year too.

Dear friends I am a pure vegetarian and thats why I don't know any thing about the taste of chicken and all. But I know if you are trying this recepie it will be great. Can you friends over there share more ways to make noodles here then please do this so that all of us can learn more ways of preparing noodles.

actually, i thought your process to cook noodles was a great way to prepare them. i don't see any other way except talking about how to specifically prepare them fresh. your post wasn't just about noodles though since you added a bunch of other ingredients. noodles can be prepared without all the added ingredients as long as there are spices to add to the flavor(in my opinion). i didn't know you were a vegitarian. you should add broccoli to your noodles as broccoli is one of the best and healthy vegetables you can eat. i would suggest cooking the broccoli just enough to where it's the same texture as the noodles and dicing them before boiling. you can mix in some peppers to add some color and flavor. personally, i could live off that alone and i'm not even a vegetarian :) add a little homemade sauce with cury or some other spice. yummy....don't forget the oregano! :o

Dear friends I am a pure vegetarian and thats why I don't know any thing about the taste of chicken and all. But I know if you are trying this recepie it will be great. Can you friends over there share more ways to make noodles here then please do this so that all of us can learn more ways of preparing noodles.

Dear friends yesterday I tried and prepared Noodles and the taste was superb. I am not a professional cook or something. But I love to cook new dishes. My brother is a 5 star hotel Chef and I try to learn new dishes from him. I would like to share my experience of preparing Noodles here with my friends. I bought some noodles, salt, chilies, cabbage, Onion, Soya sauce, Chilly sauce etc.

First of all boil some water in a pan . Then put the noodles in the boiling water with some oil (so that the noodles should not stick) in it. After about a 5 minutes take out the noodles and rinse in cold water. It is very necessary to reduce its temperature before cooking. Then in a fry pan take some oil and heat it. Then add some chilies, onion, cabbage etc. with some masala etc. Then when it is ready add the boiled noodles in it. Mix it evenly. Afterwards add some soya sauce and chili sauce according to your taste. Mix it evenly. And that's it. Its my style of preparing noodles.

You did as guide in Noodle's Pack ? Noodles are very popular in Nepal because of it is cheaper and can be found anywhere in the country.

Have you ever tried frying noodle. I like fried taste. The procedure is first fry noodles until it became red then do steps as normal pouring water. If you put some Masala then Noodles soup will not be effective. That is not good way to cook noodles because its taste become like others. So don't put any Masala to take soup taste of noodles. As Noodles can be found Vegetarian and Chicken and other flavor you can mixed them to it as your wish.

Hi!! I am not professional cook. But I Love noodles and I am making noodles lots of time. so as per my opinion first of all boil water with 1 spoon oil and then boil noodles in it with 1-2 table spoon salt. it'll change test. then rinse with cold water.then take a fry pan and add 2-3 spoon oil.heat the oil and then fry onion till it becomes little bit brown. then add paste of(green chilly,ginger,garlic).and add some masala like turmeric powder,jira powder.then add some vegetables like carrot, cabbage,green-red-yellow capsicum chilly mix it well and leave it for 5 min.then mix again then add soya sauce,chilly sauce.then add boiled noodles in it. and then use some coriander leaves for garnish. try this recipe .I am sure You would love it. If you are interested to cook new dishes then I am giving you one new Recipe.hope you like it.the name of this dish is misal pav.To do this take munth beans put it in warm water for 1 night. then the sprouts will come out. then take pressure cooker heat 2-3 spoon oil.then fry onion gravy with (garlic,ginger,green chilly) paste. make it brown then add tomato gravy then mix it and leave it for 5-7 minute. then add masala like turmeric powder, red chilly powder,jira powder.then add 1-2 spoon tamarind water and 2-3 spoon jagray .add 1-2 glass of water and put the lead on cooker and leave it for 15 minute on medium flame. then serve with gujarati mix chevda ,onion and tomato and white bread roll.hope you love it.

Here in the uk we are very fortunate, i can buy a pack of ready boiled noodles, a pack of stir fry vegetables and a stir fry sauce and have a lovely chinese stir fry. Basically you would prepare the noodles as you said, boiling them and what not. Then heat up the oil and if desired add some meat such as pork or chicken and while that is cooking mix up a sauce of honey and soy sauce, you could also add some chopped chilli to this or other herbs to taste. Mustard can work well too. You only need a little of the sauce and taste it as you go along to get it just right. Per person you would probably need about one egg cup (or about 3-4 tablespoons (15ml = 1 tablespoon))Now the meat is cooked (if not using meat skip the meat part but still make the sauce) so add in some onion, chilli to taste, garlic and fry off to make the garlic less strong and sweeter. If preferred you can use whole cloves of garlic and then remove them prior to the next step. They will still add a mild garlic flavour. Otherwise finely chop or crush the garlic. Now add chopped cabbage, beansrpouts (if you can get them) bell peppers (IE the non-spicy peppers) raw sweetcorn (preferably fresh, you can also use chopped baby sweetcorn for a nice crunch) and any other crunchy vegetables you like (you could try some carrot if desired but it would need to be sweet carrot, perhaps baby carrots) give a quick toss and then add the noddles, stir and shake it and cook for a few minutes to cook the noodles and veg, then add the sauce in and cook for a further few minutes before serving.You could add pineapple if you like it or any sweet or mild tasting veg. You dont want to overdo it. The sauce is more of a "to taste" thing, just keep adding stuff until it tastes nice! Like i said, usually we buy packets of ingredients and simply cook the chicken, add the veg and noddles and sauce and then serve. Its a very nice meal and providing you use only a little oil and take the fat from the meat you use (if any) it can be very very healthy! Plenty of veg, little fat and a nice amount of calories. Perfect! Except i like it so much i often have more than one plateful XD noodles also make a great change to ric to have with a curry, or even in addition to rice. If you have a lot of sauce in a stirfry you can even add some cooked rice to soak up the flavours. On a related note you can also make some lovely fried rice very easily...boil some plain rice. cook chicken or other meat (or eggs) in a little oil and once cooked add in some peas, beans, a little onion, some garlic and plenty of salt and pepper. and then add the rice and add a few more tablespoons of oil and keep stiring and moving the rice until it takes on a slightly darker colour from the oil. Keep tasting it and adding garlic or onion, soy sauce etc... until the taste is just right and serve. I quite like this but my brother isnt so keen. you can serve it with a sweet curry if you wish (i say sweet due to the rice being fairly salty and garlic tasting) a Thai green curry would probably be quite nice or a sweet chinese curry or any sweet chilli style curry would be idea. It would probably also go with many indian type curries, especially a korma (which in the UK is based on coconut milk and i think almonds, sultanas and possibly honey. It is very sweet and creamy and not spicy at all) or even a nice tangy tikka (again in the uk this is a sort of tangy curry which is very mild, red in colour and i think contains tomatoes, lemon juice, onion and plenty of indian herbs)

Since we are on the noodle subject, anybody every try to make their own homemade noodles? My chickens are laying like crazy, and egg noodles are a great way to use up the extra eggs. They can even be dried after making them and stored for a good long while. All you have to do is break some eggs in a bowl and wisk them up, add a little salt. For a meal or one pot of soup 3 or 4 eggs should be enough for a couple people. Then just start mixing in flour until you have a dry, stiff dough. Keep the flower handy, you want to work as much flour into the dough as you possibly can. Then just roll it out really thin. Keep sprinkling flour on the dough to keep it from sticking. You can then cut it into long strips and as long as you flour well between each layer, stack up several strips (cut the strips the width that you want for the length of the noodle) That way you can cut the noodles up faster and more uniformly. Then just drop them as you seperate them into boiling water, and boil for just a few minutes. Drain and add whatever kind of sauce you would like, or if you have chicken soup cooking, you can drop them directly into the soup, just so long as it is boiling.