xisto Community
user681

Need Help With Wordpress

you can see my website here at

http://www.edgeset.elementfx.com/
and as you can see the top navigation bar only displays categories that are being used in my blog posts.. now I want to change it so that the top-navigation bar displays pages instead..but I don't know what to change inside the header.php file..

the code to header.php is here
<div id="header">	<div id="blog-logo" class="clearfix">		<h1 id="blog-title"><a href="<?php bloginfo('url'); ?>"><? bloginfo('name'); ?></a></h1>		<h2 id="blog-description"><? bloginfo('description'); ?></h2>	</div>	<ul id="menu" class="sf-menu clearfix">		<li class="cat_item<?php if(is_home()) echo ' pagenav'; ?>"><a href="<?php bloginfo('url'); ?>">Home</a></li>		<?php wp_list_categories('title_li=&sort_column=menu_order'); ?>	</ul>		<div id="rss">		<a href="<?php bloginfo('rss2_url'); ?>">Subscribe to RSS Feed</a>	</div>

I'd appreciate it very much if someone could explain to me what is needed to change in order for the top-nav bar to display pages instead of active categories.
thanks in advance

Replace the line

<?php wp_list_categories('title_li=&sort_column=menu_order'); ?>

With
<?php wp_list_pages('title_li=&sort_column=menu_order'); ?>

If you don't like the default options, then check out this page where you can see all the configuration options.

<?php wp_list_pages('title_li=&sort_column=menu_order'); ?>
In my opinion this might screw up the menu if there are too many posts. Try to limit the amount posted on the menu:

<?php wp_list_pages('title_li=&sort_column=menu_order&number="10"'); ?>

This will limit the number of menu items shown to only 10.

Other elements that can be tweaked as rvalkass said can be found at this page.