xisto Community
AshleyLewis

How To Replace Cartridge

Replace a cartridge in what? I'm guessing it's your printer. Without the exact model, specific instructions are an impossibility. However, generally you just open the front or top cover and wait for the ink cartridges to slide into place if they need to. Pop out the old cartridge, and put a new one in its place. Make sure the new cartridge is in securely and close the cover, the printer will then check the cartridge. Some ask you to print test and alignment pages, some need you to verify the new cartridge in software, and others are happy to just carry on.

Just read the friendly manual that came with whatever hardware that you are talking about. You needn't go any further than the manual.

Please give me advice on how to replace my cartridge with my own self.I do not have any idea on that.So,if any one know the easiest way to do this,then please help me.

Dear friend of mine please be detailed with your problem dear as it is not clear from your post that which is your printer is it dot matrix or laser or ink jet. what ever it is you please describe the details along with the model number of the printer. ?

Does it applicable for inkjet also ?

No. Laser and inkjet printers use very different methods for changing the cartridge. In a laser printer the toner cartridge is generally quite large and contains black powder called toner used as the ink on the page. They generally need changing less often but can be fiddly to change. Inkjet printers use small ink cartridges filled with liquid ink. They're generally easier to change, but it needs to be done much more often. If you check the manual for your printer you should find step-by-step instructions for replacing the ink or toner cartridge.

I hope that's not an old fashioned way of referring to the components of the computer?

If it is a printer cartridge, or any other form of cartridge - be sure to ALWAYS read the manual as some one above me said. It is very important as installing an incorrect cartridge, or forcing an inaccurate installation can lead to catastrophic results - and most cover plans wont technically cover you for not paying attention to the manual - or installing something incorrect without consulting the company or policy insurer!