xisto Community
anwiii

Question In How To Efficiently Update My Web Pages

i am creating a website. when it's done, i will have to update it every day.i think it would be too much of a hassle to just try and edit the html file every day especially if there was a risk of changing something by accident.i was thinking if there was some sort of form i could just fill out that would automatically update the code or automatically create another file which would attatch itself to the already existing code.am i making myself clear here? i want the new code to be on top of the old code. not on the bottom where the newer data will always be seen first.it's somewhat how certain blogs are set up to do but my website is not a blog.

If it's just a small website of a page or two then editing the HTML is the fastest and easiest method. If you've got a more complex site then a CMS is a good bet. Take a look at Drupal and see if it fits what you need. You can edit all the pages in your browser using a form, and can post news articles that appear in reverse chronological order (newest at the top). If not, try the alternatives at Open-Source CMS and see if any of them suit what you want.