xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

Have You Watched Uwe Boll's Movies? House of the Dead, Alone in the Dark...are they that bad?

The other day I read an article in the paper about how a director named Uwe Boll tried to acquire rights for the World of Warcraft movie, but was shooed away, just because his previous movies were...well, bad!. We all know that video games never work out as feature length movies, but I found out that the movies that Uwe Boll makes (based on video games) are extra-bad. At least that's what the 300,000+ people think who have signed a petition to stop him from making movies!!!

So has anyone of you seen any of his movies? I remember reading the titles House of the Dead and Alone in the Dark on his Wikipedia page. Have you seen these movies? Are they really that bad?!!!! I ask because i found many funny articles and reviews about this guy and am curious to know more...

I have never seen his movies but like you, saw the WOW article and looked him up. None of his movies really interest me enough to watch. I was going to watch Alone in the Dark as I did play that game before, but the movie's reviews scared me off. I think all of his movies got bad reviews. Video game movies usually don't turn out too good do they? I can't think of many right now. I thought the DOOM movie was pretty bad, and was nothing like the game at all! It did have an interesting bit near the end where it was in "FPS" mode.. that was neat to see! Wing Commander was pretty bad if I remember right.. Hitman wasn't that great either. It is kind of fun to see movies about video games though, even if they are really bad and forgettable. Warcraft would make a pretty good movie, it has an interesting back story. Just don't let Uwe do it!! I think Peter Jackson (LOTR) would make a good Warcraft movie. He did an excellent job bringing the world of LOTR to life on screen. Did you know they're coming out with a 'The Sims' movie? That seems kind of boring to me, how could it be interesting? Plot climax.. Mr Smith buys a futuristic nuclear microwave and sees the grim reaper. I guess we'll found out. I wasn't aware The Sims had much of a story, but I haven't paid much attention to that franchise. I don't think Uwe is directing it anyway.

Yes video games never make good movies at all! But each time a new one comes out, the fans of those game are intrigued and go see it anyway. I'm looking forward to the release of the "Prince of Persia" movie. But I can tell from the trailer itself that the plot has been messed up and it can't be that good. However,let's wait and see. And as for Mr.Boll, he's coming up with Alone in the Dark 2, but I'm sure he won't be getting any more rights (from the game makers) after this one!!!

No dear I have never seen his movies so sorry I don't think I could be able to comment on this matter properly.

Um...so why did make that one-liner? I'm not against one-liners (I make quite a few myself) but when you have nothing to say about the topic and you make a post regardless, it doesn't look too nice :)