xisto Community
Dak1ng

Impossible Computer Specs these specs for a computer are unbelieveable

since that new i7 core processor came out, i've been seeing some unbelieveable computer specs. I see them in some best buy ads and such. Here's an example of what one of them will have:

Intel i7 Core Processor

6-8GB RAM DDR3

1TB Hard Drive

Wireless-N

2GB Graphics memory (NVIDIA, etc.)

Bluetooth

Those would just be some of the specs I'd see. when is see the $1250 price tags, I wonder who'd buy them. i7 isn't even widely produced and marketed yet. Heck some people are just now getting to intel core duo processors.... does anyone else see computers like these?

i7 isn't even widely produced and marketed yet. Heck some people are just now getting to intel core duo processors.... does anyone else see computers like these?

Core i7 has been around for a while. Admittedly it has been priced very highly, putting it out of the reach of most people, but enthusiasts have been using Core i7 for a few months now. The Core 2 Duo range is being pretty much phased out now in favour of the Core i5 label for mid-range processors.

As for extreme specs, check out the PCs entered into CustomPC's Dream PC contest this year. The winning entry featured the following specs:

Overclocked Core 17-975 @ 4.42GHz6GB of RAM
2 x nVidia GeForce GT 295's in Quad SLI
2 x 256GB solid state drives
2 x 2TB hard disk drives
Blu-ray writer
1.25kW power supply
Mixture of water cooling and Peltier cells

The specifications provided seems like an average INTEL computer; nothing impossible about it. Even the one provided by rvalkass is not uncommon, at least around overclockers?though i do wonder how you can get a Quad SLI setup with just 2 graphics cards. But INTEL tends to charge an "arm and a leg" for their processors. Even if INTEL currently outperforms AMD, they're asking for a lot.

though i do wonder how you can get a Quad SLI setup with just 2 graphics cards.

The GTX 295 has two separate GPUs on the same card, running in SLI. Connecting two of the cards together gives you four GPUs on two cards, running in Quad SLI.

The GTX 295 has two separate GPUs on the same card, running in SLI. Connecting two of the cards together gives you four GPUs on two cards, running in Quad SLI.

Ah, okay, i understand the wording now. Albeit, SLI implies two graphics cards (as i don't recall ever being able to SLI with one card), therefore i thought "Quad SLI" should mean 8 graphics cards. I would have expected "in Dual SLI," though, instead of "Quad SLI" for 2 graphics cards that have dual GPUs on each.

Wow these specs look so amazing and yet so out of reach!!!However as usual, time will bring down their prices and then we'll be talking about the next set of insane configs :)

yep, by the time we get the i7 computer we've wanted, they'll have like an Z10 Double-Quad Ultra Core 720 processor.... :) I agree with The Simpleton too. I'll be getting a computer like that when prices come down.

I'm not a hardware fanatic, but there's something that caught my eye:

when is see the $1250 price tags

Isn't that something like 1000? That sounds affordable, the first desktop in our house cost that much. It was in the old days... it's still up and running tho.Here's that 3X7R3M3 Baniboy desktop's specifications:

AMD Athlon something(don't remember) 1.9 GHz
ATI Radeon X300 (ow yeah! This can run crysis, I bet it can run 2 of them at the same time! :( )
512 MB RAM! (It's all antique now, I guess I could get a nice price of these on eBay as a collection item :) )
2 Optic memory readers/writers
That's about all I remember about it's specs

I'm not a hardware fanatic, but there's something that caught my eye:
Isn't that something like 1000€? That sounds affordable, the first desktop in our house cost that much. It was in the old days... it's still up and running tho.
Here's that 3X7R3M3 Baniboy desktop's specifications:

AMD Athlon something(don't remember) 1.9 GHz
ATI Radeon X300 (ow yeah! This can run crysis, I bet it can run 2 of them at the same time! :( )
512 MB RAM! (It's all antique now, I guess I could get a nice price of these on eBay as a collection item :) )
2 Optic memory readers/writers
That's about all I remember about it's specs

When was that computer made? And also 1000 euros is way more than $1250... for example:

1 Euro > 1 Dollar

Core i7 has been around for a while. Admittedly it has been priced very highly, putting it out of the reach of most people, but enthusiasts have been using Core i7 for a few months now. The Core 2 Duo range is being pretty much phased out now in favour of the Core i5 label for mid-range processors.
As for extreme specs, check out the PCs entered into CustomPC's Dream PC contest this year. The winning entry featured the following specs:

Two words: Holy S***