xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dak1ng

Was Modern Warfare 2 As Good As You Thought Itd Be? did you get modern warefare 2?

Ok, i was thinking about buying modern warefare 2... has anyone here bought modern warefare 2? if you did, was it good? i'm seriously thinking about buying a copy of the game for ps3

The game itself has yet to be released. You can pre-order it, and if you're lucky, receive it on the day it will be out. The game play found on Youtube and on the official Modern Warfare 2 website looks promising. But since the game has yet to be released, no one can really comment on the game outside of what has been "leaked."

COD MW2Was Modern Warfare 2 As Good As You Thought Itd Be?

I bought it and it was fun, but not a game you would buy if you don't have anyone to play with.  The story is short and the online is good.  To wrap it all up, COD MW2 is a fun game, but it is overrated.  O yea and nice graphics!!/txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley1.Gif

The simple view of the game in my opinion is that Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is a money making sequel of Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare pumped up with more features for multiplayer, destroyed multiplayer server capabilities and a continued story.

The story, in this case simgleplayer, was fantastic and kind of hard on the PC version at Veteran Difficulty(I died many times). But the story continues loosely from the end of COD4 with the story of Soap MacTavish, and then incorporates a threat to the United States of America, ;) who would have thought but the Russians. But the singleplayer takes approx 9-10 hours to complete on the default difficulty. As for the graphics, well yes they are great to look at and everything but they aren't new since it is an updated version of the COD4 engine, and the COD4 engine was a heavily modified version of the quake 4 engine, which originally was the Quake 3 engine and so on and so on. :P oh and the game dialogue is generally good aswell.

The multiplayer well here is where the game has its Mt. Everest Highs and it's Pacific Ocean lows (<-- omg those examples are bad). The multiplayer system in COD4 was the original Dedicated Server, you pick a name and you join system, which is what most games use, but however Infinity Ward (creators of MW2) decided to combat piracy and hackers that they should incorporate a Peer 2 Peer multiplayer server system, which involves the game picking out the best persons internet for a particular match and allowing them to host the match. So if the person hosting has bad internet, everyone else suffers and if the hackers find a way of cheating they might be hosting aswell, so it kind of sucks. Also there is no server admins or anything like that since the system is mostly automatic. BUT THE GOOD THING ABOUT MULTIPLAYER is if you end up in a good game with no lag etc, then I can say you will have fun since the multiplayer has around 10+ modes to play from and heaps of maps, weapons, attachments, perks, challenges, and JUST IT"S FEATURE PACKED, don't doubt me on that...

SO that is my half a review of the MW2 game by Infinity Ward, hope this helps for people wondering to buy it.

Final recommendation is to buy it cause it is fun to play but not to admire :P