xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dak1ng

What Are The Craziest Website Names You Have Seen?

I know coming up with a website name is hard, but some people just choose the dumbest names possible... What are some of the dumbest website names you've ever seen? I've seen some myself, but usually they're nothing compared to what other people have seen...

I won't call it a dumb site name, however quite a thought provoking site. I found its name quite interesting.

If you visit this site using different browsers (i.e, firefox, opera etc..), you will note a few differences in the CSS support by these browsers.

visit: http://dowebsitesneedtolookexactlythesameineverybrowser.com/

Edited by manish-mohania (see edit history)

Not only the dumbest name, but the dumbest web site also was one which I don't think is still even on line anymore was Bonzi Kitty. It was a site with complete instruction on how to grow a kitten inside a small glass container. Of course, it was bogus, but the animal rights people went insane over it. For a hoax, the site builder went threw a lot of effort, there were photographs of kittens in weird positions growing in the various bottles, photoshopped of course, and really detailed information on feeding and growing it. Really pretty funny, but not everyone saw the humor in it.

the url above is too long?? i wonder if that would be a good domain? ahaha i tried to visit it and it only says NO! in every browser none change :)hmm no matter how dumb is the site name is as long as they've got the originality..!that would be great

I heard about this one site, http://www.hotchickseatingtacos.com/
I thought it was pretty funny, but also kind a dumb, when you go this website, it's pretty much what the website says... pictures of hot girls eating tacos, so I guess the domain name or url is definitely effective, it's about what the domain says. Anyway, what do you guys think of it, I was thinking of submitting a picture to the website myself.

K

heh, probably the funniest one I've seen... Although disturbing (and if posting this is against the rules please just X it out or something)http://members.goatse.cx/
It should be down now... But I'm not going to try and see.Anyways, if you wanna know what it was, Google it. You should still be able to find the picture that used to be there.

heh, probably the funniest one I've seen... Although disturbing (and if posting this is against the rules please just X it out or something)

http://members.goatse.cx/

It should be down now... But I'm not going to try and see.

Anyways, if you wanna know what it was, Google it. You should still be able to find the picture that used to be there.

that must be the sickest joke i have ever heard...its so gross

whoever shut it down, did the right thing. i hope some sites with perverted content like that would just be closed off, they do no good and only promote ill thoughts and actions, yak!

Dear friends I came to know from my friend that there is a site which is named some thing like abcd....zabc....z...com which claims that they are providing the longest mail ID ever. I have also read some somewhere about it.

I think that "crazy" names is a pretty subjective thing to ask for. With that in mind, here are my thoughts on website names that may not be crazy, but seem either unattractive or irrelevant in some other way:

1. Website names that are long (as in >= 20 characters or so). This creates more work for the user, and should be avoided as often as possible.

2. Website names that are misleading. I'm not sure if this is an actual site or not, but just as an example, a website named "free credit report" shouldn't lead you to a page where you can pay $20 for a credit report or have to subscribe to a dozen offers from "affiliates".

3. Website names that are difficult to remember.

4. Website names with excessive use of hyphens, numbers, or pointless singular letters. our-company-website-name, for example, is horrible looking. ourcompanyname123 is likewise awful, and shows an immense lack of originality. Finally, websites that begin with an unassociated 'i', 'e', or 'u', or that end with an unassociated 'x' are very cliche. The world doesn't need another iwebsite or edomain, much less an e-domain or e-domain123.

These are just my thoughts, however.

Take care,

Nolan

I know coming up with a website name is hard, but some people just choose the dumbest names possible... What are some of the dumbest website names you've ever seen? I've seen some myself, but usually they're nothing compared to what other people have seen...