xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gunbound

Trap17 Ad Code ...doesnt seem to work

I want to put an ad on the front page of my web site. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

But when I do it doesn't display. Also, the first time I loaded the page it give the warning that Internet Explorer does about blocking unsafe script content. I surely don't want my first time visitor to get this same warning.

What should I do?

Are you using Internet Explorer?

If So: Here

Else:

Ask QpaQue. I'm just here to tell you about Firefox.

Very good move. IE is a horrible scar on my browser history. But Firefox is like the Betty Ford and better future of browsers. Also, what happens if you do have Xisto ads on your site? Do you get a bonus in hosting credits or what? Because I have the tall banner ad along the side of my site.

I only heard about FireFox recently. Since it's still in development, only at version 1.0, and I've read a review somewhere that says that it still has a way to go, I decided to stick with IE for now because it never gives me any trouble.But then, some people say that it's such a bad thing, and I don't understand why. Honestly, it makes no sense to me because IE serves it's function just fine I think. Is it because it's Microsoft and is monopolizing? Or is there something that can be done with other browsers such as FireFox that I don't know about? I see on the getfirefox web site the list of features, which sound alright, but not enough to make it a clearly better alternative to IE.And how does Mozilla profit from this browser? From the Google search? Or is there some other type of advertising?

I figured out the problem. I never even noticed that there banner ads were blocked by... whatever it is... either IE or Norton. All is good then...