xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kawai

Need Help With Naming Website! Naming

HEY HO!

so, i am going to start (try to start) hosting a drawing/doodling website and i need a good name, something people remember and kind of cute?

mostly populated with girls i guess, i'm not sure what more to tell you.

i have tried thinking up a good name for awhile now and i cant think of anything good, and when i really do find a good name its already taken.

what i'm talking about is paintchat, u can draw and chat at the same time online with lots of people, i'll also have a forum running with events etc.

PLEASE help me with a good name for a website like this ! come with suggestions !

/Kawai

well, you don't have to name your site to describe your site (i.e. paintchat). you can be more creative with the name... just look at sites like aviary.com. from the name you can't tell what it is, but it's actually a online photoshop app that's free (and it's a @%$#@#! good one too). Also, look at twitter! they could have named it quickspeak or something, but they didn't.... Also, not being able to decide a name is normal... It took me a week to come up with a name for my blog. In the end, i ultimately chose "The Daily Rampager", and to this day I still have thoughts about changing the name.... Plus, if you thing coming up with a name is hard, wait till u try to come up with a logo :)

still lots of people that use these kind of sites are fan of anime/manga so having a name that is kind of Japanese or Asian might be easier for them to remember and they might like it more.i understand what u mean completely though dak1ng, but i still think a name like twitter is easier to remember then quickspeak but that might just be me, maybe i'm just over thinking all this,anyway it would be fun to see what some people can suggestion and why to chose that name etc.

If you're into anime/manga and cartoons then you should take a look at respective sites on google. Also forum usernames can be a good place to know about some cool domain names. You can check cartoonists sites like darkmotion,blender and list goes on. You'll get plenty of ideas from it and after getting list of names, cut down to something that you life. Else people will criticize almost any name. So choose from tons of names then sort them out as per availability and then decide what you like on your site. Japanese anime/manga names for animals,art can be source for good website name.

Hmm... so you need suggestions, right? Like mahesh2k said, you can try going to the forums of your niche or start looking at Google searches and come up with ideas. That is what I do when someone needs ideas....But here are a few quick names that might interest you: Doodletalk, sribuzz, spotdots, dottalks... etc, etc.And after a quick search off the web, lots of names aren't even related to the application, so really, you can name it anything you like... :) They have things like wapedia, mangabullet, and oekaki, in which I don't really know the meaning of. Why don't you name it something like "kawai" after you? But you'll need a name that is short and easy to remember, and so that people will know what it is immediately. Put something like Paint, Draw, Doodle, Scribble, Line, Dot, etc etc in it, followed by something like Talk, Chat, Buzz and that should do the trick. If you're creative enough to be able to make an application like this, then you should be creative enough to think up of a good name!!!(I know that my examples weren't really all that good... but... :-/)

so the criteria is:

- something people will remember

- cute

- populated with girls (?!)

too bad i can't really think about cute-girly stuffs, all i know is simple name :(

how about "e o egaku" ? :)

it's something that people will easily remember, kinda... cute (?), and hopefully will be populated with the girls ^^

Edited by FouGilang (see edit history)

so the criteria is:

- cute

too bad i can't really think about cute-girly stuffs, all i know is simple name :(

how about "e o egaku" ? :D

it's something that people will easily remember, kinda... cute (?), and hopefully will be populated with the girls ^^

wow thats some way to choose a name... :)

so the criteria is:

- cute

how about "e o egaku" ? :)

egaku is a good suggestion, i think i will try that one out =D

thanks everyone

well what kind of domain name you want.and the language you want is it english or Japanese or chinese howz kyoto.com or .netyou can also try vectorsoftbtw which age group you wanna attract old persons like me or small toddlers or girls / boystry any make some small and easy to remember name it will help gain you some traffic

Although I would like to agree with all of the ideas mentioned here, i'm afraid i can't :)Look, to have a good and active site which i'm sure is your wish, you need a good seo (search engine optimization) plan. First thing that search engines consider is a domain...its very important, let me give a simple example:if a user searches "anime" , the sites that will come up first will have "anime" as part of their domain names. So if you have a site that you feed with lots of content but the name is allthecontentyouwant.com and it focuses with anime, chances are you will always appear some far in serps.I'd advise you to get a name that has something related to what you want to put on the site...good luck

If you're still taking suggestions, I like for "Doodlebug." It's short, sweet and to the point. Unless you don't want to do that.Ooh, then you could go with a bug-theme for your website. Hee hee.Bugs aren't cute anymore, are they? What was that, the 1900s when they were in vogue? Who knows.