xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
novaforme

Lan Parties Huh?

So have any of you Gamers been to a Lan Party or even know what that is? I would like to start hosting them around my town. I have been to sevral and i have to say they are fun as **** So if you have ever been to one what did you think about it and do you still go to them now?

I hosted a starcraft lan party in my basement once. it kicked *bottom*. BOO YA. we started at 8 then played all night and when peoples butts got tired from sitting so long, we stoped to go get pizza, then we came back and played some more. we were playing until like 3 the next day. it was so %*#^% awsome. i would love comin to a LAN party, what city do u live in?

i've never been to one of those functions before. I would if only I knew how to play some kind of game and stick to it and be like a superfreak addicted gamer. I don't think my friends would be interested.

I havn't been to a lan party in several years and pretty much doubt I'll ever be involved in one ever again. I used to enjoy them thoroughly but grown out of them pretty much these days and definately don't have enough time on my hands to participate in one, 4th year college- what a *BLEEP*.

i really was skeptical about them, but when my friends brought their to xbox and a link cable and two copies of halo2... it was awosme. its great cause when you 'own' someone you can taught them right then and there. we stay up all night playing games and if we get tired of it we watch a movie and then back to gaming. it seriously is really fun and you will enjoy it.

Lan parties are lots of fun actually.......Get a big group of people, and make sure everybody has there own computer with them. Sharing computers makes LAN parties less fun......

ya its great i love playing mass starcraft battles or CS, those two games are probably the best for lan parties. But multiplayer games are more fun with people especially when they are close around it gets even more exciting when you kill or get killed. Plus it creates a competitive atmosphere.

Hey;
Just wanted to let anyone in the area know that I'll be hosting a LAN party in Buford, GA this July. The online registrations are open, we've already gotten a few sponsors, more as the registration climbs. We will have a CS:Source 5v5 tournament as well as a Halo2. We also have our forums open for anyone that wants to vote on other games/tournaments to play. This will be a 24 hour event and all are welcome. Feel free to check the site for more info - http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ - hope to see you there.

Hey;

Just wanted to let anyone in the area know that I'll be hosting a LAN party in Buford, GA this July.  The online registrations are open, we've already gotten a few sponsors, more as the registration climbs.  We will have a CS:Source 5v5 tournament as well as a Halo2.  We also have our forums open for anyone that wants to vote on other games/tournaments to play.  This will be a 24 hour event and all are welcome.  Feel free to check the site for more info - http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/  - hope to see you there.

55583[/snapback]

Great to see somebody organising something like this, whereby lots of people can join in from the local area, rather then just those people who you happen to know.

I would take a look, but North Georgia is a long distance away from southwest England! :D

Anyway, good luck with the event and i hope it is a success for you and the rest of the people who take part.

Is there a website where LAN parties events are listed by city? Im just done upgrading my computer and want to go to my first lan party. Also, is UT2004 a popular chiase for a game to play there?

Try Lanpartylocator.com they list all kinds of Lan partys by date, country, city, state. And UT2004 is still really popular for lans. Have fun going to your first lan, i remeber mine and it was fun as hell.

Xbox LANs [XLANs] are the best thing out. As someone mentioned above, it is a lot more fun kicking someones *bottom* that is sitting right next to you, rather than playing over Xbox Live. I've been playing with a group of mates with Halo, Ghost Recon, PGR2 and now Halo 2 - and it just keeps on getting better. All you need is a mate with some networking gear/cables and everyone brings thier Xbox + TV. Piece o' cake. :angry: