xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkHacker

Problem With My Laptop

I have problem with laptop.I bought a new battery and i cant charge.the battery icon on the taskbar will charge 5 times and then will give me a msg that i havent dedicated battery.After 2 minutes thet mgs will delete and the ikon on taskbar is telling me that the battery is pluged in,charging but on the icon on the taskbar is staying i the position as usual (without charging) and telling me that i have 5 % of battery.Somebody Can halp me by telling me what could be fake ??? Please help me to solve the problem!!

There are many things that could be occurring. It could be hardware based or software based.First what you should do is go to the back of your computer, and locate where your battery is inserted. Look on the battery and see if there are any buttons. Sometimes batteries have built in energy meters, if it does, it should look like a button with little LEDs following it, if there is a button, click it and it should Light up how much battery life you have (the more lights, the greater amount). If it shows up with 1 light or less when you do that, plug it into the charger and just let it sit, the computer does not need to be on for this process, and is probably better if it is off to eliminate software factors. If you have no button on the bottom of your battery, what I would try is shutting the computer completely down, plugging it into your charger and then into an outlet, let it charge for a day or so, then power it on and see what it says about the battery life, if it says 100% and is going down at a consistent rate over time, then it is most likely a software problem, and could require reinstalling of the operating system.If that does not work and you receive the same error, I would try to get a live cd for some operating system like Ubuntu, boot off it, and see how its battery meter works. If it works fine, then its software related of your computer, and you may need to repair/reinstall the operating system.If it has the same (ish) problems as you did in your previous operating system, then it most likely hardware related, either the battery or the form of getting the battery energy to the laptop. If that is the case, maybe ask for a replacement, or buy a new one, and try that.Hope that helps.

Edited by Tramposch (see edit history)

I think issue is with battery and battery management. Either one of them is not working well right now. You need to go to the vendor where you purchased your laptop battery and ask them if it works or not and let them replace it. If the problem is not with battery then you should look at the OS, sometimes battery management is messed up (I know seen few vista users having trouble with it). So to solve the issue best thing right now is to take the laptop and battery to the vendor.

In that case it looks like more of battery management of OS is gone wild. Most likely battery management corrupted. Which OS you're using ? Vista or Win7 ? Just let me know, i'll try and dig if i find something about it.

donneo, please explain your problem that will help me sort this issue. With such short info or similar issue doesn't mean same problem. You can post about your problem in this thread or create new thread.