xisto Community
Nameless_

A Very Quick Question On Main Domain Is Cpanel A very quick question... I swear.

OK people, this is an open and shut question... :) So I'll keep this short. Actually, I have more than one question, but still, it's easy.

Question 1

Let's say that I use a top level domain or a co.cc domain as my main domain for cPanel when I register for a new hosting account. Let's say, OK? I'm not implying anything. If I change hosts, for example, move back to Xisto, can I move my main domain back as well? Or can't I?

Question 2

Let's say, OK, I don't have one yet, but let's say I make a domain called mydomain.co.cc. And then I already have my own mydomain.com. Someone said (rvalkass, if I remember) that if my main domain expired in my cPanel, I won't be able to use the hosting. Let's say I have a co.cc domain. Should I put that (.co.cc) as my main domain for back up incase my top level domain (.com) expires and I don't have a sufficient amount of myCENTS to host my domain (.com) or Xisto suddenly falls to the ground?

Thank you for your patience. I hope that by using this layout I will receives answers quickly and save your time more... :D

Quick Question: Xisto won't fall to the ground one day, right? I certainly hope not... :( I am still waiting to use up all my myCENTS in the coming twenty or thirty years... on Xisto. I'll stay loyal!!! :D

You can move a domain to any hosting company that allows domains. It is as easy as adding it to the cPanel and updating the nameservers.I'd suggest a .trap17 domain to fall back on. co.cc domains can be taken away by the company at any time, and only ask one year. I'm using a Xisto domain to fallback on now.

Yes, as the Disturbed One says, when you get your Hosting Account, request a Xisto subdomain and then alter the NameServers for your full Domain to point to the hosted Xisto sub-domain as a Parked Domain. Works for me.

Question 1

Let's say that I use a top level domain or a co.cc domain as my main domain for cPanel when I register for a new hosting account. Let's say, OK? I'm not implying anything. If I change hosts, for example, move back to Xisto, can I move my main domain back as well? Or can't I?

If you can change the nameservers on that domain to point to Xisto's nameservers then you can use it with Xisto's hosting. As that domain would still be set as the main domain for your previous hosting, you might have problems logging into your old hosting once you move the domain, but if you're moving hosting providers then that isn't a problem.

Question 2

Let's say, OK, I don't have one yet, but let's say I make a domain called mydomain.co.cc. And then I already have my own mydomain.com. Someone said (rvalkass, if I remember) that if my main domain expired in my cPanel, I won't be able to use the hosting. Let's say I have a co.cc domain. Should I put that (.co.cc) as my main domain for back up incase my top level domain (.com) expires and I don't have a sufficient amount of myCENTS to host my domain (.com) or Xisto suddenly falls to the ground?

If you have a top level domain as your main domain, and stop paying for that domain so that it expires, then I think you would have incredible difficulty logging in to your cPanel as that relies on your domain name to get access. If you had other parked or add-on domains you might be able to use those, but you'd still be in an odd situation of your hosting being based on a domain you no longer own, and I'm not sure how cPanel would react to that. Not worth trying it out to find out :)

Xisto is unlikely to fall to the ground unless someone accidentally demolishes the world's datacentres or meteors hit them all or something, which would take everyone out rather than just Xisto :( Also, in that event, your hosting would stop but your domain would be fine. It's still yours, you still own it for the year no matter what happens to the registrar you used at the time.

NO... I'm not thinking of moving to Xisto. I was actually thinking of making my main domain name as something like mydomain.co.cc (don't worry, I and pretty sure that the domain won't fail), and then adding a parked domain top level domain as mydomain.com, but I was just wondering that if I ever need to use the hosting site... then, what should I do if I move back to Xisto and take the co.cc domain back with me? This is because I have previously made other simple websites for school projects and I want to showcase them on my site as some of my projects that I have done, and well, I don't know. I will definitely use free free hosts (not Xisto) for them, and they will probably be hosted on another hosting account if I make another one (probably the same on with my bad domain name on it) while I make my myname.com site on a proper hosting account (and not make any errors and delete any important files with Filezilla)... but I don't know what to use as my main domain now. I found a good site that gives you free domains for free forever, but I don't know if I should make that my main domain incase I happen to move back to Xisto and take it back with me, but what if I won't move back to Xisto? What if I don't ever use up my diskspace or my bandwidth or I make enough money to stay there?Then I will regret that I haven't used a co.cc as my main domain. :D I am in quite a dilemma right now... someone help... :D Either way, I believe that I will be creating another hosting account in the other hosting company, if it is just to host my simple project sites. It'll make things much more easier, I reckon. :) But what should I use as my main domain? Argh... co.cc, or freecp.net? :( :( :D Why can't they make changing main domains much more easier? Then I wouldn't have this problem in the first place... :(:D :D