xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
contactskn

Who Is Your Favourite Comedian

Dear friends I always loved Mr. Charlie Chaplin and I here would like to know who is your favorite comedian. With this discussion I would like to know the best comedians of the world till. So please let me know your favorite comedian and if possible also mention why. ?

You know, I could never find many videos of C.C. I found a few on the internet and they were bad quality and weren't so enjoyable because everything was so fast it blurred the video. I would have liked him probably.I guess I like a few comedians, though it's hard to pick a favourite. Are we talking about comedian-actors? Jackie Gleason (and Art carney) were funny and good actors. Don Adams was very funny. Three Stooges were entertaining slapstick. Shemp Howard (one of the stooges) had some great solo comedy though it's hard to find. While he's not a comedian, I actually find Jackie Chan (and Sammo Hung) quite funny..his earlier films are reminiscent of earlier slapstick comedy. Rowan Atkinson is kind of funny at times, but sometimes I think he's boring. Jerry Seinfeld's dry style comedy made Seinfeld a funny and witty show.. Monty Python are pretty funny.I never got too impressed with the Marx Bros.. I know they're good, and whats-his-face (why cant I remember his name?) Marx is a genius with words, but for some reason, they just don't interest me. I'm used to fast paced comedy I guess. Red Skelton..well I saw him in one movie, and it was alright.Oh, and I don't know the names of these guys -- but the ones who did the british comedy films /album "Bad News Band" etc.. holy cow, I had tears in my eyes watching that. It reminded me of being in a band with my cousin and arguing all the time. It had a lot of swearing, something I don't normally like, but it was realistic.. so I guess that made it funny.I hate comedy about fart jokes.. and other modern "dirty" comedy. I dunno, there are a lot of "comedians" or funny actors that I like. I like dry humour, or slapstick, silly simple stuff.. Charlie Chaplin would probably fit in there.If you're talking about PURE stand up comedy, well I don't really watch/listen to much of that though most of the classic comedy actors were comedians or vaudevillians at one time..

Charlie Chaplan was good in "The Great Dictator", i think that was him at his best. Unfortunately i havnt seen modern times yet, but i think that would be more idealistic than funny. Jim Carrey manages to stay fresh. Some of his old stuff on Saturday Night Live is the most funniest things i've seen a person do. Robyn Williams is good and probably my favorite, he is unrelenting when he allows himself to let go, but he isn't for everyone. Although he is good in many films (even the serious) i prefer to see him doing standup or being interviewed. Billy Connelly (the scottish dude) is good, not only funny but seems a genuine person also. Although i dont like "some" of his stuff, Eddie Murphy is awesome. I've never seen "Delirious" on DVD but have heard it on tape and that was great. I've seen most episodes of the "Dave Chappelle" show and that left me wanting more. Jerry Seinfeld is a funny person and also comedian. I thought all actors were funny in Seinfeld. Mike Myers has contributed great stuff to SNL and ofcourse his movies are hilarious.

My all time favorite has got to be Dennis Leary. A friend of mine video taped a comedy routine of his, "No cure for Cancer" and it had me rolling in the floor. I love how he jabs the animal rights freaks with his with his tale of eating meat, drive the cow past him, he will carve off what he wants and ride the rest home, and his Cadillac with the all leather cow interior and whale skin hub caps and big brown baby seal eyes for headlights, it's just hysterical.

Hi!A few years ago, I watched "GoogleWhack Adventure" by David Gorman and I found it to be quite amusing. It's a standup comedy.Among all the present-day standup comedians, I think Raymond Albert Romano is the most popular... or at least I can't think of any other name when I think about standup comedy. Raymond Romano is known for playing the lead role in the series Everybody Loves Raymond. I'm sure you've heard of it. It doesn't really make you laugh the way you would if you watched Rowan Atkinson but the parts where Raymond talks about everyday occurrences from a different perspective at the start and end of each episode does seem quite interesting.Does anybody have any suggestions among lesser-known comedians to watch? I'm sure there are more good comedians out there who aren't popular yet but are quite entertaining.

i would like to say the person that plays mr bean is a very funny comedian xD Rowan Atkinson. most of his old stuff is crazy funny. and we all like black adder don't we ?

One of my favorite actor comedians turned serious actor is Eric Bana. He is an Australian actor you may recognize in films such as "Troy", "The Hulk" (1st one) and "Chopper". He did some comedy sketches on Full Frontal Australia about ten years ago and thats what gave him his big break into film.

His portrail of a hypothetical bogun character named "Poida" was great. "Bogun" is a derogatory Australian term for a typecasted group of unemployed lower class people who speak, act and look a certain way (more so in the 80's and 90's not so much now).

Here is a link to a definition for this - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bogun

Here is a link with some videos of him and his portrail of Poida (meaning peter) -

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

If that link doesnt work, youtube "poida eric bana".

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)