xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

Want To Chat With A Stranger? Try Omegle.com

Chatting will never go out of fashion, right? It's always exciting to talk nonsense by typing away non-stop. Chatting is really fun when we do it with friends, because we're bound to chat for a long time and we can say anything to each other. But what about chatting with a stranger? I'm sure many of you might have the experience of chatting in chat rooms, half of which are filled with bots! This tends to irritate a lot of people and they just give up trying to chat with strangers - it's risky business anyway...

But for those who like to chat with strangers and get to know new people, there's a good website called omegle.com where you can have a one-on-one chat with a complete stranger. You don't get to know their name or any other details. The stranger is simple displayed as "Stranger" in the chat, and it's up to you to start an interesting conversation. Similarly, you are introduced as a "Stranger" to the other person. At any given time there are over 1000 users on the site so you can get connected instantly to a random user.There's no stopping you from revealing your details to the stranger, but remember that it's your own risk. Another important thing is that once you lose contact with a stranger, you can never connect to the same stranger again!

So are you ready for some strange chatting?! Start now!

imo that's just like telling little kids "OOhhh its alright to give the man your phone number and address!!! he might give you some candy!!!"

rofl but seriously this sounds weird. I kno we are chatting with total strangers every day on the internet but this sounds ridiculous.

There's no stopping you from revealing your details to the stranger

yeah.... that's what I'm taking about
Edit*

ROFL look at this!!

You: haiStranger: Hello
Stranger: are you 356?
You: ?
Stranger: Are you 356?
You: 356?
You: what you mean?
Stranger: Are you 356?
Stranger: ARE YOU?
Stranger: ARE YOU OH GODDDD
You: WHAT IS 356?1!
Stranger: OH GODDDD
Stranger: OH GOD
Stranger: OH GOD
Stranger: HELP ME 356 IS COMING
Stranger: JESUS CHRIST
You: rofl

and heres the next one i had

Stranger: my abs hurt from the **** i just tookYou: o.o
Stranger: yea
Stranger: good workout though
Stranger: just gotta flex every few seconds
Stranger: get a nice 10 pack soely for *******
Stranger: i can get some serious distance now
Stranger: like 100 yards
Stranger: ******* FOOTBALL FIELD
Stranger: i can hit people with my ****!!!
Stranger: like a damn sniper rifle
You: .....wow
Stranger: just point and shoot baby
You: ur not a real person are u cuz the last dude i talked to said something like this lol

so yea I'd say these are computers

but their funny!!!! ROFL and smart they interact with you well but i really think their computers

**EDIT (again)
omg rofl after using it for a while I can say that its real people. they are just twisted and outta their minds!!! LOL
Edited by Soviet Rathe (see edit history)

Hey, that sounds really awesome!!! Thanks for the review, The Simpleton. I'll try it out straightaway and see what I can get... :) I'll post it up here too... wait a minute.

OK... here's my first one... this sucks...

Connecting to server...You're now chatting with a random stranger. Say hi!
You: Heya
Stranger: gay/bi male?
You: er...no
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Seriously, if all I am ever going to get is people wanting to have sex, then I really don't think that this is such a great idea anymore... Let me try again... :D Haha, actually, I kinda like it. The second one seems to be better, though. OK... not that great... :( Wierdos...

Connecting to server...Looking for someone you can chat with. Hang on.
You're now chatting with a random stranger. Say hi!
You: Heya
Stranger: hi
You: Cool... why are you here?
Stranger: bkus im bored
Stranger: and theres nothing to do
Stranger: why are you here?
You: Yeah? A friend of mine told me to try it out, so I thought I might. You are my second convo.
Stranger: you are a DOUCHEBAG just like KANYE WEST.

Haha, pretty fun though. I'll post some more up once others get a try. It's pretty quick and people end the convos really fast. For some reason... :D

...Oh god, Omegle.

Posted Image

This is Omegle.

Eh, lots of pedophiles there as well, I've encountered a couple of them there and responded by posting some uh...mature material xD

To tell the truth, I don't think I've had a somewhat normal conversation there, and the one time I was trying to have a normal conversation, I was paired with a pedo O_o

Very strange site, but somewhat amusing xD

I didn't take it seriously either, and anyway half the time the reason people chat with strangers is to pass the time - they're not looking to build any serious realtionships, are they?! Omegle is surely an entertaining site which you can visit whenever you have nothing else to kill the time.And btw, I never met any people like those in my convos - most of them just went on asking about my asl and when I didn't oblige, most of them disconnected :)

I didn't take it seriously either, and anyway half the time the reason people chat with strangers is to pass the time - they're not looking to build any serious realtionships, are they?! Omegle is surely an entertaining site which you can visit whenever you have nothing else to kill the time.
And btw, I never met any people like those in my convos - most of them just went on asking about my asl and when I didn't oblige, most of them disconnected :)

Really? I feel sorry for the creator though. I can't believe that he is only eighteen years old!!! I wish I will be able to do something like that when I'm eighteen. It turns out that he knew what his site is becoming now with some people harassing others and not taking things seriously... because he actually meant for his site as a place where people can meet and make new friends, but I don't think that that is really working well right now... :D

He's currently finding ways to stop it though, but I doubt he'll get far. Spam has never had a cure since it was invented. :( And I suppose maybe I'm just unlucky though, meeting people like that. Especially my first conversation. It's ICONIC. :D

Really? I feel sorry for the creator though. I can't believe that he is only eighteen years old!!! I wish I will be able to do something like that when I'm eighteen. It turns out that he knew what his site is becoming now with some people harassing others and not taking things seriously... because he actually meant for his site as a place where people can meet and make new friends, but I don't think that that is really working well right now... :)
He's currently finding ways to stop it though, but I doubt he'll get far. Spam has never had a cure since it was invented. :D And I suppose maybe I'm just unlucky though, meeting people like that. Especially my first conversation. It's ICONIC. :(

Lol. He could always try getting some mods to barge into conversations, but that would be silly.

Still, Omegle is a very strange site, and personally, I'd rather troll it. *runs*

Okay, nevermind that...

...as for:

I didn't take it seriously either, and anyway half the time the reason people chat with strangers is to pass the time - they're not looking to build any serious realtionships, are they?! Omegle is surely an entertaining site which you can visit whenever you have nothing else to kill the time.
And btw, I never met any people like those in my convos - most of them just went on asking about my asl and when I didn't oblige, most of them disconnected

eh. They always do that so they know who they're talking to. Tell them, then tell them to delete their system32 folder.

Or you can say: "My age is 1, I have no gender, and my location is right behind you."

...instant DC.

One time i wanted to see who is chatting on Omegle but i founded only one person who wanted to chat with me,and only he was interested about my small country and my language.He was korean and he chatted with me long time,i haven't chat log but believe me it was 30-40 messages.On the end,he did not said that "he need to go",i disconnected because i was bored.Some people when they don't want to stay with you are saying that they need to go,but this corean chatter was very good and he wasn't stranger with me,he said some personal data.Other people,are bots,or they want girls...If they are bots - i am sure you know what kind of material they post and i don't need to say because it is not allowed on this forum.I think this server should be more secured because one bot can scam 2,000 people,which are online.Most of users like me are ignoring them,but they are connecting automaticly.

Or you can say: "My age is 1, I have no gender, and my location is right behind you."

ROFL

Stranger: Hi

You: My age is 1, I have no gender, and my location is right behind you.

Stranger: Hmm.

Stranger: Sounds...enticing.

Well it's possible to have intelligent conversations tho

Connecting to server...

You're now chatting with a random stranger. Say hi!

You: hai

Stranger: hello

Stranger: whats up

You: nuttin

You: :)

Stranger: where are you from

You: illinois

Stranger: sounds fun

You: .-.

You: not really

You: :D

Stranger: lol

Stranger: how old are you

You: 16

You: u

Stranger: 22

You: :(

Stranger: is that bad?

You: nah

You: ik alot of internet ppl in their 20's

You: (:

Stranger: i like the term internet ppl

Stranger: are you male or female

You: male

You: u

Stranger: male as well

Stranger: what grade are you in

You: not in school :/

Stranger: why not

You: cuz

You: focusing on my web building skills

You: gonna make a business

Stranger: home schooled

Stranger: ?

You: no

Stranger: cool

Stranger: do you have a web site

You: http://error404.000webhost.com/

You: ill have a real domain soon

Stranger: sounds like an interestin domain name

Stranger: what is it

You: a forum

You: working progress :(

Stranger: can you make money off of it

Stranger: from advertisments

You: hopeing to :/

Stranger: it looks pretty good

You: :( thx

Stranger: now you just have to get some members

You: yea :/

You: after its finished

Stranger: are you self taught

You: yep

Stranger: do you know perl

You: has some help from various ppl tho

You: no :/

You: php. html. css

Stranger: cool

Stranger: well good luck with your site

Stranger: take care

You: bai

Stranger: bye

Stranger: bye

Edited by Soviet Rathe (see edit history)

I tried it out too!
Here's my conversation:

Stranger: have u ever eaten cake so nice u wanted to make out with it?You: I did make out with it
Stranger: oonce
You: ye...
Stranger: or more
Stranger: ok
Stranger: from?
You: somewhere..
You: does it matter?
Stranger: i mean what shop did the ake come from
Stranger: cake
You: don't remember
Stranger: oh damn it i may never have the experience
You: :(
Stranger: what type of music u into?
You: mostly rock, but I listen to jazz too, you?
Stranger: im into metal im a big marilyn manson fan
You: do you play any instruments?
Stranger: nope wish i could tho u?
You: I play drums
Stranger: ooo kool
Stranger: how long u been doing that
You: 2 yeara or something like that, but I've been on and off with it
Stranger: ah kk i see
You: do you have any hobbies?
Stranger: programming
You: which langs?
Stranger: pascal
Stranger: i know itsold
You: I'm more into server-side scripting.
You: PHP and stuff
Stranger: ah kool
Stranger: age?
Stranger: u dont have to say
You: around 16?
Stranger: same
Stranger: im the only girl in my advanced computer science class
Stranger: its not all bad
Stranger: hehe
You: :D yea there aren't many girl sin that area
You: in*
Stranger: it interests me
Stranger: hehe
You: so, how you heard about this site?
Stranger: from http://www.pointlesssites.com/
You: =)
Stranger: u?
You: on a news site, I came here and I was paired with a few weirdos, a few days back I remembered this site again after hearing about it again on a forum
You: could be a way to waste time
You: well, gotta go to sleep now, bye =)
Stranger: kk bye
Stranger: xxx
You: :)

Okay, I kinda told my age but who cares, I'm not the only 16 year old on the net am I? :D
EDIT: The cake makeout thing was kinda a joke :D
Edited by Baniboy (see edit history)

Yeah i used to enjoy chat rooms a lot, i tried this one out but the people had no imagination or were very timid or were horny (but no horny women).

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

i just saw this thread when i came back to trap. i thought at first....why the heck would i want to chat with a stranger and ask stupid crap. i even went to the site and initiated a chat. some dude said hi, and i closed out the window.then it occured to me. you can pretty much be whoever you want and say anything you want. it would be a great way to do some fun pranksthat's when it occured to me that i cannot support such a website when i can think of some sick twisted pranks that can be done with this site. sad part is, you can really screw with peoples heads and i am also under the assuption that this site is mainly used by teenagers or people in their early 20'sthere really should be some form of security for that site

Well it's possible to have intelligent conversations tho

Reality check.

Last time I looked at Omegle, which was about 3 weeks ago, I only got very...strange and abnormal conversations. Nothing intelligent. 95% of the users on Omegle are either pedophiles, idiots or people who want to troll.

Nothing much to Omegle, really.

Except for the people who need to...LRN2INTERNET

D:

i just saw this thread when i came back to trap. i thought at first....why the heck would i want to chat with a stranger and ask stupid crap.

Lol...as I said before, most of us enjoy chatting only when we do it with friends. But then there are bored souls like me who would want to meet a complete stranger and see where it goes from there. Omegle is just one of hundreds of such sites but this concept is a bit different - it's just too bad that the users are also too different!!!