xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

Are You Peaceful Before You Fall Asleep?

This is a weird question but makes sense for some, no, a lot of people! This question is not about your health or something like that. Before you make any other interpretations, read out mine.....I ask this question based on your lifestyle. Each one of us a different kind of lifestyle - different jobs, different habits, hobbies, etc. And we live out life in different ways. Everyone of us have some dreams, aspirations and goals. For some they come true, but for many, they do not. They are forced to settle for less and do something that they're not very interested in doing. All these things usually come to our mind before we sleep. Did you find yourself in this situation at any time: You're getting ready to sleep, and lie in your bed and are suddenly lost in thoughts - you think about the day, then the day before that, and slowly slip into the past. You wish you had done something better with your life....if only you had done that one important thing during childhood you might have been in a better position now.....thoughts like this usually flood the mind at night and many people lose their sleep due to it. They keep tossing in their beds thinking about all these and have a very disturbed sleep. So do you have any similar experiences? Do you have a peaceful sleep?!!

NEINsometimes it's 3---4AM before I get to sleepmy mind is so full of stuff... my mind like... never stopps even during the dayI also have insomnia.. to put it bluntly, no I don't have a peaceful sleep.

never! My mind is always trying to work out a page problem or thinking of ways to improve it. that or thinking of that cold or warm front and what if? You got it I got weather on the brain, hey better than no brain.

I am :)I often thought things that had not been done that day, or think some error site script and how to improve it, or other not-so-important thing. But then this some angelic words came out: "do it after you make yourself fresh, you wont be able to think clearly at this moment, now sleep" and i like 'oh, ok. Zzz...'Then when i woke up i have this refreshed head and energy pack, so i continue what i must do :(

I am smile.gifI often thought things that had not been done that day, or think some error site script and how to improve it, or other not-so-important thing. But then this some angelic words came out: "do it after you make yourself fresh, you wont be able to think clearly at this moment, now sleep" and i like 'oh, ok. Zzz...'
Then when i woke up i have this refreshed head and energy pack, so i continue what i must do tongue.gif

Ah....you must be really lucky to have a peaceful sleep every night; how I envy you! :) I to must try to get my mind rid of all nonsensical thoughts before nap time...

Strange as it may sound, about the only time I have trouble falling asleep is when I know I have to get up extra early in the morning. Back when I was taking my own pups to the airport, I had to get up about 2:30 to 3:00 am. Totally miserable thing for me to have to do, I am more likely to stay up all night on the computer until about that time and then go to bed. I'm always afraid that I won't hear the alarm go off and I will miss the flight, so I don't sleep very good. I keep waking up thinking it must be about time for the alarm clock to go off. Trying to go to bed early is also pretty pointless, I just can't go to sleep. But almost all the time, on a normal night when I get to bed somewhere between 10 and midnight, and know I can wake up whenever I want to I fall asleep in a matter of minutes and sleep like a rock. I get teased about sleeping so hard, my better half has sugested numerous time that a stick of dynomite could be set off next to the house and I would sleep threw it.

When I get to sleep, most of the time, I will like to think, yes "peaceful sleep". But there were days whereby I will have restless night. Thou body is resting, mind is still fully awake and thinking about things that was in my mind, either in the day or just before I go to sleep.

Most of my sleeps are not peaceful, or at least not the first few hours. I'm usually in bed thinking about life related things or just anything in general; stress sometimes keeps me up later as well.