xisto Community
Nameless_

Need Suggestions For Alternatives For my Google Apps Emails

Hiya people, this is just a quick thread (I do hope it turns out to be like that) for a question I have on a Google Apps custom Email question... and no, this isn't about verification. I will got back to that thread later if I need help...But anyway, so, I have decided to create TWO custom email addresses on my hosting account, one to put on my site if anyone wants to contact me, and one for personal purposes that I will only give to people that I meet in real life to reduce spam and (hopefully), chain mail. This is also an email that I will use to give people that are older than me and needs respect, and when I apply for a job or whatever, so it won't be like fluffy_this_email@something.com but something like contactme@something.com.Now, when I went through to do the Google Apps, I realised that because I had two email addresses, and Google only allows one email address to be the administrator email address, that I had a problem. I want the two emails to be separate, but I also don't want to log in and log out twice just to check them both. Is it possible to synchronize the two email addresses together, and yet keep them separate? I want to know which emails emailed to public@email.com and which emails emailed to personal@email.com so I know which is which. Also, if that is possible, then which email should I put in the Google Apps Registration Form? Which one do you think I should put? The public one or the personal one? I will be expecting more emails in my personal one though, unless my site gets very popular, though I won't be putting my hopes up on that. Does anyone have any advice for me? Just a quickie. :)

How about just use your mobile phone to open your official site email?That's the only one i use and the most easy to use with my ericsson ._____.

Now, when I went through to do the Google Apps, I realised that because I had two email addresses, and Google only allows one email address to be the administrator email address, that I had a problem. I want the two emails to be separate, but I also don't want to log in and log out twice just to check them both. Is it possible to synchronize the two email addresses together, and yet keep them separate? I want to know which emails emailed to public@email.com and which emails emailed to personal@email.com so I know which is which.

You can set one account to forward its emails to the other account. You would be able to use Google's Mail filters to label the emails depending on which account they were sent to. However, sending all your mail to one account like that slightly defeats the point of having the two separate accounts in the first place.

It might be worth downloading a program such as Thunderbird to check all your email accounts at once, in one program, while also making it clear which accounts are separate. Download Thunderbird here.

Also, if that is possible, then which email should I put in the Google Apps Registration Form? Which one do you think I should put? The public one or the personal one? I will be expecting more emails in my personal one though, unless my site gets very popular, though I won't be putting my hopes up on that. Does anyone have any advice for me? Just a quickie. :)

It doesn't make one iota of difference which one is the administrator email. The administrator email is the one you have to login with if you want to create new email addresses and things like that. Only you will ever need to use it and nobody else will ever know which is the administrator address. So, whichever you want :(

You can set one account to forward its emails to the other account. You would be able to use Google's Mail filters to label the emails depending on which account they were sent to. However, sending all your mail to one account like that slightly defeats the point of having the two separate accounts in the first place.
It doesn't make one iota of difference which one is the administrator email. So, whichever you want :D

Hmm... I set it up with Mac Mail before, but it doesn't seem to be working right now... :( I'll download Thunderbird and try it... but by the way, I already made the emails in my cPanel... does that make a difference on Google Apps? Also, the limit on my mail is 250 mb, but on google it is at least one GB, if I remember. So, am I meant to delete the emails in my cPanel and re create them in Google Apps again?

And what am I meant to put in the "servers" area? It doesn't seem to work now on Mac Mail, and I'm pretty sure I'll need the info for Thunderbird. Thanks for giving me the Mac version of it though. I appreciate that...

Also... I know, it is pretty pointless. But the point is that well, I just don't like logging out and logging in to check my different emails again, and I always forget to check my email if this is the case, and I want to avoid Spam as much as possible. I know that I won't get spam (but chainmail, yes) if I give my email out by hand, but if I am to put the email address on my website, it will then be easily accessed by everyone and anyone that comes across my personal website, and I will be likely to receive spam. Plus, I want to people I know in real life to feel "privileged" to be able to use another special email instead of the other one.

So I'll need to different email addresses, and yet one account to view them all (so that I can see them without logging out or logging in), and also able to view them separately. Is this possible on Google, if it is possible on Thunderbird?

...and thanks, I'll use my personal email as my administrator email. Thunderbird's downloaded now. I see a Gmail option. Am I meant to use that? Sorry for the many questions...

@FouGilang: I don't think you understand, but I'm not setting things up on mobile, but on Google Apps. And my mobile phone's pretty old anyway, it can't even use bluetooth, let alone the internet. :)

Windows Live Mail Is a program where you can add all of your email addresses with ease
Get multiple e-mail accounts in one program Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo!
Just install it and run it. make as many email accounts as you need from any company then just add them to the accounts list and all you have to do it click refresh and you will see all your email accounts and you will be able to read your emails offline.
plus NO MORE BROWSERS :D

and btw. Thunderbird sucks now that it don't support hotmail anymore :(

Cheers :)

Ah... thanks for the information. Unfortunately, I use a Mac, so I won't be able to download Windows Live Mail because it requires a Windows System. But anyway, I don't mind, because I can use Thunderbird and I won' t be using Hotmail but Google Apps Mail, so I should be fine. The main problem now is creating CNAMES that is required for the making of a Google Apps Gmail Account, but I will make that in another thread... but thanks for the suggestions, everyone... :) But just to make this clear... the main purpose of this thread wasn't to find applications like Thunderbird and Windows Live, because most of the time, more often than not, I will be seeing myself using the Google Apps straight from google.com. It's just that I want two email addresses that can be view differently without having to log out and log in from different accounts. So, it's like one account with two different emails, one for personal and one for public purposes.... I am pretty sure I am not the only one in the world to have this idea first, so I just want someone to tell me how to get one account with two different emails on it. That's all... apart from the filters, are there any other alternatives?