xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Soviet Rathe

Need Help Again

I just ordered a domain from Xisto and I had $2 on my account from posting.. the package was supposed to be $1.95 but not it says i owe $9 for the domain... i understand after studying it that I can pay for it when ever i want my host activated but what im asking is:is the $2 i saved up already already been activated? like if i wait a month to pay the $9 will the $2 be gone by then? or is it pending or something?

I just ordered a domain from Xisto and I had $2 on my account from posting.. the package was supposed to be $1.95 but not it says i owe $9 for the domain... i understand after studying it that I can pay for it when ever i want my host activated but what im asking is:is the $2 i saved up already already been activated? like if i wait a month to pay the $9 will the $2 be gone by then? or is it pending or something?

to the best of my knowledge you followed the incorrect path and added an additional fee for something into your bundle. I just activated mine as well and I was only charged $1.95USD off of my "MyCENTS". I would of course submit a ticket or wait for a Mod to confirm or deny my theory, but it sounds viable and I dont see why else you would be charged for the domain when adding one of the affiliate domains keeps it at $1.95USD/Month for hosting.

Cheers,

well the domain was supposed to be http://www.mysite.com/ (no subdomain) does that matter?

Subdomains (such as username.trap17.com) are free. Top-level domains (example.com, example.org, etc.) will cost you $9.99 for a year. This is because Xisto gets charged per domain it registers, so the cost for that has to be passed on. The cost for the domain name is the same whether you order it with hosting or not. Hosting on its own starts from $1.95 per month I believe, going up as you add more features.

Soviet Rathe, I hope the confusion of domain and hosting costs are cleared up now. You have to pay the domain and hosting costs separately and the hosting package doesn't include a domain. You need $14 in your Xisto account to order a .com domain($9.99) with the $1.95 hosting package. There's a 12.5% tax on the domain so that brings your total to somewhere around $13.30 or something like that, so you need $14 to pay for your order. Just make a few good posts and you'll reach there soon enough :)

so how does buying domain with xistro work exactly?

I hope the above paragraph helped you as well. Here's a short summary of how to buy domains from Xisto :

1. Earn myCENTs through the forum
2. Once you have enough to order a domain, go to this page to place an order for a domain.
3. If the domain is available, then you are prompted to enter the nameservers for the domain (by default they are pointed to Xisto - Web Hosting's servers)
4. Now you can make the payment by selecting "myCENTS" option.

I hope that helped :(

I love the trap, so many questions, such good people to answer them.

Haha, yeah, I agree... but it seems like I came a bit too late, didn't I? But anyway... just to clear things up, you'll have to buy a domain for your hosting if you want a no sub-domain domain... But you don't have the money for that yet. It costs 1000 myCENTS (aka 10 US dollars) to buy a domain for one entire year, but if you want your hosting first, you can use a free sub domain first...

So in the box, you can type [domainname] . [Xisto.com]. But there are, of course, other sub domains that you can choose from. TO me, I don't like the 17 and the end of Xisto, right? So I will opt for a .xysis.com or a .qubis.com, both of which are also free sub domains provided by Xisto.

When you get your ten dollars that you need to buy your domain though, you can then buy it and then link it through to your hosting account. It's just that easy!!! :)